redneck canadian

Started by noel, January 30, 2008, 08:38:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

noel

I recently tripped over this site while looking for information about a rifle that I had purchased. after reading a few posts I thought this seems like an interesting site,so I registered.my name is Noel(ya,just like christmas).I live in inverary,in southeastern ontario canada.I'm a heavy truck mechanic with about 33 years in the trade.I enjoy hunting,fishing(year round) and just plain shootin'! my neighbour and good friend is a farmer and we hunt and fish together.because of him I have access to 480 acres behind my house and about 300 across the road.this is some of the best hunting in our area.mixed bush,hardwoods,conifers,swamps and lakes all interspersed with agricultural land. a hunters heaven and never have to leave home,although I do travel about 300 miles north to moose hunt. I think brit hunter and I are going to know each other as the rifle I am talking about is a parker hale super magnum I think. greetings ya`ll Noel
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!
member;National Fiirearms Assocciation
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
gun owners of Canada
North American Hunting Club

subsonic

Alboy

You are welcome to the camp there Noel. I will be looking forward to what you have to share.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Clueless

Welcome NOEL!! Great to have you aboard.

Seems like I know Inverary?  Up above Miinnesota?   Is there some type of lodge serving "the best breakfast I ever had in my life" there?
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

Jay Edward (deceased)

Salut Noel... there I just used up all my knowledge.

Welcome to THL.

bowhunter 51

Welcome, Noel....Seems we've had a few Canadians join us just recently..
Looking forward to some hunting and fishing stories from there......BH51...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Clueless

their not French in Ontario, are theiy?  They use a lot of "hey"! Don't they??:biggthumpup:
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

davidlt89

Clueless,
   We have two provinces right next to us here in Maine, Quebec and New Brunswick. If I am correct, they are pretty much the predominant french speaking provinces. Most of Canada speaks english.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Clueless

Thanks David.  What I  thought.  It's been several years since i was making two trips a year into Canada for fishing and bear hunting.  Last time I was there they were English in Ontario.  French in Quebec.

I did a lot of fishing and hunting around Red Lake, the Mines and the Ear Falls area. Lac Sue, Eagle Lake.  

I was in Maine a few times through the years bear hunting.
Thomas Jefferson

davidlt89

Clueless,
   Have you shot some bear in maine?

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Clueless

Oh Ye-al!!  Millinocket and up above Bangor.  Can't come up with the name of the little town. Have to look at my atlas.  There one Spring and the black flies nearly ate me alive!!  they were  coming through the vents in the trucks.  time i got back  home I had bites one big sore.  

Never went back to Maine.  

We had a group of about 12 who went bear hunting in Canada, Maine and many other places.
Thomas Jefferson

davidlt89

you get used to the black flies, at least somewhat. I am 2 hours north of bangor. if you ever decide to bear hunt in maine again, let me know. No need of paying someone to bait for you when you can do it for free. God Bless.

Clueless

Thanks David.  I'll most likely be in your area in the near future.  Won't be to bear hunt  this time.  I'll sure keep it in mind.

My job is keeping me out of the woods at the moment.  Too much work and too little time. :smiley:
Thomas Jefferson

noel

Hello all.to clueless,you may have been at any of several lodges in the area as we are in the 10,000 lakes region(sorta like minnesota I believe)and yes we are north of that state and to the east. as for the language here we speak english in Canada but some in Quebec are still fightin the war of 1812. funny thing is that along the provincial border to the north and east of me,quebecers speak more english and the ontarians speak more french.personally I speak english but I know enough french to get their attention or tell'm what I think! many thanks for the replys and we'll converse more soon I'm sure.  Noel
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!
member;National Fiirearms Assocciation
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
gun owners of Canada
North American Hunting Club

Clueless

Yep drove right up throught the 10,000 lake area. The lodge was a little past the lake area in the "outland". We encountered a Moose, blocking the road in the early morning hours and decided it was time to eat.

It was an all log building, fire place, home made tables and chairs(log) Very clean and the food fantastic.

I'll have to search through my papers and get the name of the lodge but I'm almost positive it was around your town.
Thomas Jefferson

mtsharps

Hiker

Tags: