Just glad to be here

Started by Autonomous Citizen, February 09, 2008, 08:27:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

There are legitimate safety arguments for each option, in America today, should you..

..carry a concealed firearm
12 (66.7%)
..carry a clearly visible firearm
3 (16.7%)
..do not carry a firearm
3 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Autonomous Citizen

I've been popping in and out of these threads (thanks to GOOGLE) while researching buying my first big-game rifle over the last few weeks, and now excited to join.  

Looking forward to sharing and learning.  (oh, and a good turkey season) :food04:

-ac
responsibility faith freedom
wisdom patience truth education
humility discretion morality

bowhunter 51

Welcome, AC'.........Glad you could join us:smiley: ..............................BH51........
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Daryl (deceased)

Welcome to THL AC!

As far as your poll, I checked the "carry a concealed firearm", but in truth, I carry a firearm either open or concealed.  Both are legal in my state; no permit needed for open carry, and a CCW permit for concealed carry.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

rockinbbar

Regards to your poll, I think there is no answer to it...

Some should not carry, some can't shoot, some won't shoot.....I'd never be one to tell anyone what they should do about a serious topic like that.

I go armed.....whether it's open, concealed, or in my console of my truck. Works for me...

Your milage may vary.

Welcome to THL ;)
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Clueless

I don't carry.  Maybe I should but I just can't carry.

I carry when I'm in the woods for safety.  But not in public or on the streets.

I can get a permit to carry

I won't for a number of reasons.

Oh and Welcome to THL!!:biggthumpup:
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

davidlt89

I don't carry either, it has never crossed my mind living here. Never thought of any of my guns as "house protection" either. But be assured, if they needed to be used for that, I would not hesitate. Really easy to get a concealed weapons permit here. As long as you have the money, you have a permit. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Autonomous Citizen

I want to thank everyone for responding.  I appreciate the professionalism in the responses.  If you are interested, since I posted the poll, I believe in concealed carry.  As an absolute last line of defense, a handgun really only serves the one purpose, deterrant or life-saving only.  The concealed aspect gives you an upper hand of surprise.  I agree with the response about 'home protection.'  The law enforcement I know also agree that you 'live by the sword and die by the sword,' and many I've spoken to and trust feel their gun a tool, not a life-blood.

Thank you all for your responses, I'm posting a question regarding my first big-game rifle purchase I'll be making this spring, so please check out my other threads if you are willing to provide wisdom and insight.

-ac
responsibility faith freedom
wisdom patience truth education
humility discretion morality

Clueless

You are very Welcome Annonymous!!:biggthumpup:
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

motor (deceased)

howdy and welcome..and i don't believe any private citizen should carry a gun..
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Clueless

You don't Motor?

I don't carry but I live in one of the most protected areas in the United States.

I have no fear of being attacked by a gun toting "gang member"

If I was afraid to walk out my door, I would carry.

There are those American Citizens who live in areas ....
Thomas Jefferson

LvrLover

Quote from: motor;74051howdy and welcome..and i don't believe any private citizen should carry a gun..
Is that a misprint? If it isn't please elaborate on your reasoning.
"Live free or die: death is not the worst of evils." General John Stark

subsonic

Clueless

I'm wondering if he (and I don't mean to put words in his mouth) meant "just any private citizen".

If he left out the "just" I can understand his reasoning.  I believe that "just" any private citizen should not be allowed to carry a gun, much less be able to buy one.
Thomas Jefferson

subsonic

Unfortunately, "just any private citizen" can purchase and carry a concealed firearm....as long as they don't mind breaking the law. By definition criminals break the law.

Unfortunately it's not the people that will obey the laws that you need to worry about.

Making it illegal to carry a gun is superfluous - it's already illegal to commit murder.

Clueless

I agree criminals will always be able to "find" weapons.

those of us who are not criminal can buy and carry if they desire.

We have the right to protect ourselves and our families.
Thomas Jefferson

Tags: