hello from sunny 602 land

Started by AZ Shooter Gal, April 10, 2008, 10:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZ Shooter Gal

hello.

I am SharonAnne in Phoenix, AZ, USA.

I am a life member of USPSA.
I was active in practical shooting for 20 years and went to one ICORE/IRC match. I came in fourth lady.

I hunted whitetails for 22 yrs. and got 4 bucks, spike, 3pt, 8pt and a 9 pt the old timers told me was the largest ever in our camp.  I went on 3 hunts for black bear in the upper peninsula of michigan. we saw one bear. My father in law got a shot but missed :(.

I was active in practical shooting for 20 years and went to one ICORE/IRC match. I came in fourth lady.

I entered nursing later in life, a second career if you will. I did that for 14 yrs. and now am disabled. :cry:

Clueless

Nice to see you Sharon.

Welcome to THL!!

And there are those of us around here who are disabled too so you will fit right in.

Sounds like you have had a wonderful full shooting life and career.

Great to have you Sharon!!:biggthumpup:
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

AZ Shooter Gal

thank you Clueless

while my career was indeed fulfilling, I should have had many more years in direct

care nursing.  

The shooting I miss also, but it was my hobby, not my vocation.

I told people nursing was not what I did, it is what I am:cry:

Clueless

And a proud profession Sharon!!

I had to retire early from my profession too Sharon.  

But not long ago I came out of retirement for a much bigger thing.  I am using my head instead of my body.  And loving every minute!!!

Give God time and HE will provide a use for your mind Sharon.  Minds are never wasted.
A mind always employed is always happy. This is the true secret, the grand recipe, for felicity.
Thomas Jefferson

rockinbbar

Welcome to THL SharonAnne!

You'll find good folks here with plenty of stories & info....We look forward to getting to know you & hearing your stories & experiences too! :)

Stop by often! :D

Barry
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Daryl (deceased)

Welcome from another Arizonan.  Heck, I can still remember when the whole state was in the 602 area code; now there's several just in the Valley area.

But maybe I'm older than Pumpkinville?

Anyway, feel free to join in and share your input and stories as you see fit.  I think you'll find the folks around here are mostly friendly.
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

davidlt89

Howdy and welcome AZ shooter Gal, enjoy yourself. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

M. R. Byrd

SharonAnne-

Good to have you among us! This is a good group of friendly and helpful guys and gals.

I am just an old farm boy from SW Kansas. I don't get far from home, but do make a trek to Western Colorado to chase an elk in the mountains. Hunt whitetail, mule deer, pheasant and quail around home. I have been known to tell a story or two.

Would love to hear some of your stories. Congratulations on your shooting achievements!

God Bless,
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

bowhunter 51

Welcome SharronAnne....Really glad to have ya...Can't have enough
Nursin' knowledge with this bunch...Never know when somebody be
comin' back to camp, havin' been mauled, gored', snake-bit, stung, frost-bit, poisoned, bust-up, heat-stroke, run-over, beat-up and let us not
rule out flora-herbal mis-interpretation, etc...:D.......................BH51...........
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Clueless

LOL!!!

See a mind never goes to waste around here!! LOL!!:D
Thomas Jefferson

caretaker

welcome, AZ Shooter Gal. I am a newbe also. Also been put out to pasture too early. Had too many heart attacks & by passes along with a stroke. Waitin on my SSD apeal to clear. Use to do construction plumbing and warehousing plumbing supplies. Still love fishin,huntin,campin,and hikin and will do any of the listed when ever I can slip off from my keepers.

Clueless

I like slipping off from my keepers Caretaker. :smiley:

By the way, what state is Sharps Chapel?
Thomas Jefferson

caretaker

Clueless, I take my handle from the Ghostrider movie. I am the self appointed caretaker of the old family cemetary that is on TVA property. My brothers marker is the first placed there in over 60 years. Rufe Miller Cemetary. I hope to have a marker there myself someday. Just off the road to the Chuck Swan Management Area. You figgure out from there.

Clueless

I got ya Caretaker.  Know exactly where you are..:smiley:

I'm glad the TVA let you bury your brother there it's a beautiful place.

There's a big plot of TVA land not too far from where I am Caretaker and I go often just to prowl around.

I do a lot of fishing too. :smiley:
Thomas Jefferson

motor (deceased)

Howdy and welcome from the sunshine state..
Just an ole sinner saved by grace

Tags: