New Deer Stand

Started by sakorick, October 03, 2020, 04:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

We decided to remove the old stand in the South field as it was a one man stand. When you have grandsons you need a bigger stand! So we repositioned the stand and base to the South field on my trailer. We cut off the 4X4 posts and removed the old stand using the Bobcat. We then bolted treated 2X8's together so that the joists would butt against the 4X4's and attached them to the posts. I drove the bobcat and John guided me with hand controls and I set the stand down on the posts nearly dead center. Eric helped with the carpentry and took pictures with his phone. It took us only about 2 hours to finish the job which is now our new method for erecting deer stands. The Brassica sure looks good and the deer are eating every evening, morning and night.
[ATTACH]16151[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16152[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16153[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16154[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16155[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]16156[/ATTACH]
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

That is some green pasture you got there Rick!!

It's so dry here I put the stock tank across the road and have been filling it for the deer. Yesterday I saw a desert  cottontail carrying a Desert water bag followed by a 4' prairie rattler begging for a sip.

The much coveted weeds in my driveway were being trimmed by this brute as I was making coffee.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: