?

Started by drinksgin (deceased), June 22, 2014, 07:36:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinksgin (deceased)

AW rat, when are you getting off your lazy fundament and delivering the collection of wild fish stories?

:drama::drama::MOGRIN:
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

Shakin' it here, Boss!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

Are we to expect a bunch of fish stories or some fishy tales?

gitano

Absolutely! Complete with photos.

I'm working as fast as I can on it. I'd supply all the reasons for delay, but it would just look like excuses.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

From what Rick just posted, it seems you should not go to mizerable again, you may not make it back next time!

gitano

I'm not avoiding the story, I assure y'all. Here's what's keeping me away:

I am building a patio. Last Wednesday, I took delivery of 66 cinder-blocks with 29 associated caps, 170 16"x16"x2" concrete pavers, 174 4"x12" concrete landscape blocks, 6 cubic yards of "A2" (essentially "1-inch-minus" with lots of sand), and 3 cubic yards of sand. On Thursday, Jim and I laid out the first of 3 10-foot cinder-block wall sections and got most of the first one in place. I finished it that night. Friday we laid out the second, and again I finished it that night. Saturday I did the third section and ran out of cinder-block because they (Home Depot) didn't deliver the proper number of cinder-block. I had to go to Lowes to get the balance yesterday. I was supposed to get a walk-behind plate compactor this morning, to compact the 6 yards of A2 put between the house and the cinder-block wall, then the sand. However, it rained all day yesterday. I was under the gun on getting the A2 compacted because the compactor was only available today. Also, I'm the only 'laborer', and the materials are in my driveway, UPHILL from the front of my house where the patio is going. So...

My derriere is draggin', and I'm behind. Today the weather is clear, and I basically have to get everything done except laying the pavers. the problem is I'm old, which means 1) I'm slow, and 2) I don't have the energy I had 20 years ago, and what THAT means is:

I will get to the fishin' story as soon as I possibly can. I WANT the tale told as much as y'all do, but I am simply busier than a one-legged-man in a butt kicking contest, and I'm losin'!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

drinksgin (deceased)

Now, now!
Getting old, YOU?
I thought you had the "Peter Pan" gene.
Few things will remove the starch from anyone, age not counting, than working concrete when you are not doing it on a regular basis.

Alboy

Few things will remove the starch from anyone, age not counting, than working concrete when you are not doing it on a regular basis

Amen to that.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

JaDub

And THEN, when he`s thru with the porch he`s gonna meet me on the river in a week or two.   THEN he`ll have - another - story to tell.  8-)  

HARK............   I think I  hear the Kenai calling.................

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Man, this 'fish story' is becoming a 'fish story'...
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

drinksgin (deceased)

Joe, don't give up, yet.
Some good lie, oops , good stories  may be forthcoming!

:wings::MOGRIN::sarc::sarc:

drinksgin (deceased)

Oh where oh where has our little Paul gone,?
Where oh where can he be?
With his ears cut short and his tales missing ,where  oh where can he be?
My apologies for the doggerel!

;)

gitano

Apologies, but one simple must prioritize one's time. I honestly don't think anyone wants to see this story 'published' more than I do.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: