Boolit Going to Sleep?

Started by Nelsdou, August 07, 2010, 09:56:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jamie.270

Nels,
In an effort to "standardize" your target's bull reference in your sight picture, you might try picking up some self adhesive black dots.
I would use 2" at the 100yd mark, and 4" dots at the 200yd range.
This will give you a similar sight picture to center on, and I believe a truer group size, relative to the ranges in question.

Jamie
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Nelsdou

Jamie, I hear what you are saying, particularly at long distance but the 'ol eyeball strain w/ iron sights is getting more limiting in duration. The M24/47 Yugo is my test rifle for cast and gives me results pretty quick if a cast load is worth pursing any farther.

In a week or two I should have my 8mm wildcat barreled in 10 twist on a scoped receiver. This cast bullet should be a dandy to try out for a 200-300 yd range.

Nels
Put it into perspective; we live on a rock hurtling through space, what could be scarier than that?

gitano

I appreciate the reports, Nels.

I really don't have any suggestions - not that you were seeking any.

I agree that is seems this bullet may be "made" for "long range". I look forward to seeing what it does on the wildcat with a 'scope. Is that wildcat the "Kurz" you were talking about some time back?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Nelsdou

Yep, matter of fact got my barrel back today with the chamber cut, threaded, and crowned. :grin:  Now I can get on with fire-forming some brass. Really glad I got a Go-guage with the reamer so setting up my dies and headspace on the Savage should be a snap.

In the coming weeks I'll post some pics on the project.

Nels
Put it into perspective; we live on a rock hurtling through space, what could be scarier than that?

Tags: