Ballistic Coefficient for the Hornady .329" 205 grainer

Started by gitano, November 23, 2005, 04:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

For those that might be interested, I contacted Hornady and asked them for the BC of their 205-grain .329" bullet - the one I've been loading in the M-95 Steyr. They responded that they "haven't shot it yet", but they calculate it at 0.376. I appreciate their honesty.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

I imagine that it's close to the .323 200gr. Did they happen to say anything about the brass? It would be nice if they would make a 175gr or something like that too but there probably isn't enough demand.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

gitano

Sorry I didn't get back to you on this HB. By now you know the answers to both your quesitons. However, I thought I'd bring this back to the top of the site because we've located brass, and found bullets at 150 and 175 in .329". When I find out who makes these 150 and 175 grain bullets, I'll hit them up for BCs.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

It looks like Buffalo Arms either makes the bullets themselves(unlikely) or has them made specially for them(probably). In either case I think that they're the ones to get the info from on the 175s.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Tags: