Help picking a shootgun

Started by BuckWild3488, November 09, 2007, 08:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BuckWild3488

I am lookin in to buying my first shoot guy but i want to start of with a pretty low coast so if any one had some ideas i would like to hear

Alboy

Mossbergs run the least in dollars around here. If used does not bother you I would lean toward 2 3/4" chambers as the new "HOT" thing is 3 and 3 1/2", pumps or side by sides.

Single shot break opens get pretty low in the price game too.

One like this can be found in the 1-200 dollar range.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

bowhunter 51

You should be able to pick up a used 870 Remington pump for about
$150   or   so..... Lots of them around and the're a good starter
shotgun and fittin' for most any game with the right ammo....They are
popular in modified and full choke barrels and easily innerchange with
slug barrel and I even picked up a factory improved cylinder barrel for
$50 ..... I now have a Mossberg, turkey gun chambers 3.5 inch Mag's
as Alboy pointed out....Popular but alittle more expensive........BH51......
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

davidlt89

As bowhunter said, the mossberg may be a little more than the 870 remington, but I feel they are worth it. I have an 835 ulti-mag and I like the to be able to use 3 1/2's, but I don't know that you really need that. Plenty of turkeys killed with 3's. The mossberg 500 is now made for 3 1/2's and comes in camo. can get one bran new for a little over 200.00. Can use it for any bird with the right ammo, as bowhunter has stated. I am partial to mossbergs because of the tang safety. It works better for me since I shoot lefty. New England firearms makes some pretty cheap single shots and they get the job done. Can pick one up brand new for under a 100.00. Keep us posted and happy shopping. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

rabbitrunner

I'm a Browning and Beretta fan, but everyone should still have a trusty 870. There's a reason they're the most popular shotgun ever made.

Tags: