2008 New Mexico buck

Started by Rick, November 11, 2008, 01:27:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick

I tagged a nice 180 class mule deer buck in New Mexico on 11-2-08.   I used a .300 Win Mag with a 150 gr Hornady Interbond at about 3300 FPS.   It turned out to be a shot I could have made with a .30-30, but I could not count on that, as the country could have made a 400 yard shot required....

Mine is to the right - that is Chris's 150 class buck on the left.

He weighed 179 pounds, dressed -

Daryl (deceased)

Congrat's on a really nice buck.

New Mexico sure knows how to grow 'em!

;)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

RatherBHuntin

Nice looking pair of mulies there Rick.  How close were you when you shot him?  What part of New Mexico were you in, no need to get more specific than a cardinal direction.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

davidlt89

fine looking deer Rick, congrats my friend. I assume the head will be on the wall? God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

klallen

love those mulies.  nice pics !!!

rockinbbar

Good job on the mulies!

Ya'll really got into them! ;)

Barry
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

Paul Hoskins

That's a really nice buck Rick. I love the colors in mulies. I like those wide antlers too.    ..........Pau H

Rick

Thanks, guys,  He was pretty grey,  while the others taken were more brown.   He was takne about 15 -20 miles outside Silver City.   My other friend took a buck that measured 166 and Moe took one right at 150, too.

bowhunter 51

Nice rack,....Rick.................he's got this "you got me!" look on his face
with his tongue hanging out, and all.......dang!....those mulies are big....BH51..
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Gmoney

Very nice....

I was in Unit 30 about that same time....

What unit did you take him out of?
-Greg

Personal field testing trumps everything no matter what Field and Stream says, what your degree of perceived manhood is, or what your buddies think.

recoil junky

That is a dandy. Congrats Rick.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

Rick

I was hunting Unit 24.

(I really don't like the tongue hanging out pictures, but I forget, especially when someone else is taking them, to put the tongue back in....)

Hiker

Great bucks! You guys did real good.

Tags: