scratching the itch!

Started by davidlt89, July 21, 2015, 03:17:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

So I finally got my 4 wheeler tuned up and oil changed and decided to go exploring tonight. I got home, did my run, lifted a few weights, gave a biologist an incidental otter, and got on the 4 wheeler.

I told myself I was going to do some riding, but ended up walking around more than riding. ;) First stop was to my neighbors land to use his trail to get out back behind my house. if you head through the woods from the field behind my house, you will come to an old beaver pond.

There is a string of three ponds actually. The railroad tracks are there then it is about 30 yards to the river. I have been thinking about those ponds and tonight I had to scratch that itch.

I got out behind my neighbors and parked the wheeler and started looking. I made my way down to the first pond which has an old beaver house....at least I thought it was old. I noticed something swimming and it got out of sight before I got closer, so I waited a few minutes.

My wait revealed a family of muskrats! had one come right up on shore right beside me and gather grass. I got to watch their whole routine. Here is one little fella swimming back with the goods.

this is where they are coming up on shore, this will be colony trap number 1 come trapping season.

the beaver house looks like it has had repairs so I searched a little to see if I could find any sign. this was not here this spring.

one pond is holding absolutely nothing, and the other I had a hard time getting close to but did notice water in it. I found a couple pushups this winter there so I am betting the rats are there. I will get there with my waders soon.

Hopefully I can take another 20 rats from this area, time will tell. I know there are rats and beaver and you can bet your sweet bippy there are fisher around!!! nothing like trapping behind your house!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: