Are expensive rifles really needed to hunt successfully?

Started by infinity_656, October 24, 2006, 03:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Are expensive rifles really needed to hunt successfully

es Price = Quality+ better hunting
0 (0%)
o a higher priced rifle will not always = hunting success
13 (100%)
 just tend too buy the best rifle I can afford
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

babbyc1000

even better than that mate, my old man is ex army, he had a smith+wesson .44 when he was here!! plus after a few things i could tell you that are pretty hairy i could probably get a ppw (pers prot weapon). i was trying to get into a local gun club as well (have to be a member to get a handgun) but as i said think ill wait for a while due to age and finances.

My local Firearms officer is a bit of a gun nut like me, when he came up he brought me loads extra ammo, spent ages talking about guns, ill admit if it wasnt for him i wudve jacked in the application long ago.

well as for the sa80 everyone has their own ideas on it, my old man was actually part of the team that evaluated it, he rated it worse than a sharpened stick but then again he's left handed. i found it ok, the cade version really helps you aim as its a BIG manual cocking lever, so you change your hold every time you cock, it. BTW i got a muzzelite stock for the 10/22 (makes it look like an sa80), plus clip together mags and a flash hider so it looks the business!

i out a thread in the camp fire earlier might interest you, hope you can help, look for your name!

cheers!
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

Buddy Hall

I normally shoot with a 30/30 Marlin... Doesn't mean I don't want a Browning .30.06 WSM S/S Stalker with a Leopold 3-9x40 scope. But do I need it? Not really. My freezers full.

Brithunter

Hi Buddy,

Congratualtions on a full freezer :D .

However I cannot understand the comment about the Browning :o  as surely they are only normal run of the mill production rifles? Same as a Sauer 202 for instance which is nothing special really :p . I can appreiciate that the Browning is sure a step up from Remington ;)  and Savage but could not see them as expensive.

P.S No I don't have a Sauer 202 ;)  shot a couple and was not particularlly impressed although they do feel nice and look pretty too :p .
Go Get them Floyd!

BigHunter200076

It's not price thats the best its techique. I think does the job.

Tags: