It`s that time of year again

Started by JaDub, June 23, 2016, 09:10:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDub

For you somewhat twisted motor heads out there I thought you might enjoy a few pictures of `the beast` that I`ve been driving lately.

It started out in life as a `73 Porsche 914, which is a rather mundane sports car designed for the masses. It had an 1800cc flat 4 cylinder engine putting about about 100 H.P. or so in stock form.

Well, a good friend of mine has a very `twisted - evil` mind and he preceeded to cutting off the back end of the original chassis and adding his own rear subframe in order to install an all aluminum 408 C.I. Chev which included DART heads , 900cfm Holley , 180 deg headers and an Indy Car Hewland gearbox/ transaxle. Car weighs in at 2,100 lbs.. H.P. is 635 with incredibe torque and a flat power curve from 4,800 to 7,200 . We run it in vintage racing now a days as it always has been an SCCA A Sports Racer (ASR) classification. I always qualify on the pole . :happy:

Lately we have beaten some pretty stiff competition such as the IMSA Dekon Monza shown in one of the pictures and a McLaren M6 Can Am car.

1st gear is good for 92mph with 5th topping out at 167mph @ 7,200 rpm.

Lots of fun.............. which is an understatement.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

You need "more" tyre on the back. :greentongue:

That's some serious gyddyap Jadub!!! I want to hear it run!! Will it do a burn out? heehee

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

JaDub

I can light the tires shifting into 3rd ( if I`m rushed a bit ) at 135mph.:happy:

Yeah, tires are about 24" wide and stick like glue. It took us a while to get the set-up right on the rear. Having an IRS rear suspension means critical camber management for best traction. It`s like a AA fuel dragster that goes around a corner like a slot car. BIG fun. :yes:

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

jaeger88

Brilliant !.

I just love those "David & Goliath" scenario's, where the Goliath's (McLaren's etc), get their butt's kicked !.
I cant believe in fate.
If the futures all worked out, horoscopes & all that, it means none of us are responsible for anything we do, it means we are just actors in a script written by someone else. I dont believe that.

sakorick

Anything special for the altitude?

JaDub

compared to sea level.............

rejet ( leaner)

ignition timming ( approx. + 1 degree per thousand feet )

H.P. & torque numbers are corrected for sea level

Is that what you meant?

sakorick

Quote from: JaDub;145196compared to sea level.............

rejet ( leaner)

ignition timming (  approx. + 1 degree per thousand feet  )

H.P. & torque  numbers are  corrected for sealevel

Is that what you meant?

Yep. Thanks.

farmboy

With first gear so tall you must spend a great deal of time in the first two gears or are there some long straight aways.

JaDub

I use 1st coming toward the starter`s stand on the rolling start and also coming out of a couple of slow corners. That said I only use 5th on the main straight .......... other wise I use `em all. Lap average speed is about 100 mph. Factor in 55 mph coming out of a few slow corners and hitting 165 briefly on the main straight while using the intermdiate gears elsewhere and you can see where the average comes out.

Can`t believe I`m 67 years old and still able to do this stuff. I truly love it !

gitano

QuoteCan`t believe I`m 67 years old and still able to do this stuff. I truly love it !
AIN'T THAT THE TROOF!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: