Stevens 22-410

Started by JaDub, January 30, 2012, 10:56:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDub

After watching the price of these neat little guns skyrocket, I finally found one at an auction that there were virtually no gun buyers at........ well, ALMOST no gun buyers at . I`ve always been intrigued by these but had no contact to ever put my hands on one. One of my college buddies had one and he absolutely thought it was the best squirrel and bunny gun ever made. It was made under the Stevens name even tho Stevens had been bought out by Savage around 1920. These were made from 1938 through 1950. Most of them were wearing a pretty ugly `plastic` stock but the early run had wood stocks.  Renamed `Savage` after 1950 , they continued the gun under a different model designation for a few years and, as I understand it, was discontinued some time after that. It will shoot all forms of .22 cartridges and all 3" .410 shells. My research shows this particular gun to be a `38 or `39 vintage unit. Since no serial numbers were required back then, it is a bit difficult to be more accurate. The furniture is a candidate for refinishing as the previous owner simply varnished over a flaked original finish some time ago. Since I`m becomming an `expert` at refinishing ( :biggthumpup: ) it is only a matter of time before a new finish appears. Bring on the bunnies!

Cheers, JaDub

RatherBHuntin

Thats a great looking piece, would be fun to have out hunting small game.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

recoil junky

Dad had one that was .222 over 20 gauge. The .22 was pretty accurate. I don't know what became of it :cry:

Great find!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

branxhunter

We see a few .22/20g models over here, as well as .222/12g.

Have always thought one would be fun to have. I have heard one gun writer say that a scoped .222/12g (like the Tikka) is a good firearm for use when whistling up foxes.

Marcus

buckshot roberts

Nice shotgun, I had a savage model 24 in .22 mag, over 20 ga.......great shotgun, I let it go back in the 80's........these shotguns can sale high even well used .......The newer ones run round around $500-700 dollars...
enjoy it..............Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Hunterbug

Very cool. My father in law has one with a crisp 25# trigger pull. ;) We need to go chase bunnies here soon.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

My cousin JL had one when we were kids.....I remember Uncle Don banning the piece because it would discharge from time to time. JL nearly shot cousin Forrey with it. I think they are very cool guns and would like to find one with a decent price tag.....Just like JaDub's. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: