auction

Started by JaDub, July 09, 2010, 02:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDub

I thought I`d run a few guns by you that will be auctioned off in a few weeks.
Your thoughts on:
Enfield 45-70 1870
Mauser 8mm 1941 German K98
Mauser Chileno 1895 8400 military
Newman Bros ( Belgium) 12 ga 1890
Whitney percussion shotgun 1866

If any of these are familiar, your comments are welcomed. Anything in particular I should look for on any of these?

thanks, Jeff

sakorick

The K98 could be worth $200 to 5 Grand. Never heard of a Chileno 8400 military......the other three I haven't a clue. Good luck. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Jorge in Oz

Quote from: sakorick;106768Never heard of a Chileno 8400 military

Could just be the serial number of an 1895 Rick. :huh:
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

JaDub

Bought a few guns yesterday.......

couple of very nice Turkish "comission" Mausers 1935 & 1938

Carcano M91 6.5mm long rifle

Hopkins & Allen double barrel 20 ga shotgun

Neumann Bros (Belgium) double barrel 12ga w / exposed hammers shotgun

Carcano `Fucille Corto` Terni 7.35mm 1939 carbine

Arisaka 38 carbine variant

and , thrown in for good measure, a late model Remington 03-A3 30-06 with Nikon scope  (which actually turned out to be an 03-A4 ! )

All in all a fun day at the auction. I`ll get a few pictures up when I get back from the Kenai. Being on a tight schedule, Paul I`m afraid I won`t be able to hook up. We`re staying near Soldatna.......... maybe next time?
Cheers, Jeff

JaDub

a few notes on the auction.......

The Enfield Mk4 45-70s were very nice. Unfortunately they were sold at the end of the auction and I was counting pennies. Believe it or not they went for about $800 each but I`d say they were easily worth three times that much. Bummer!! I just missed out on a very sweet engraved London Twist 12ga double barrel shot gun with external hammers w/rod.....it was beautiful. I thought I had it but turns out thru the noisy bidding I missed an earlier bid which I could have easily outbid. Double bummer!! Ever see a Pepperbox pistol?? Very cool gun as long as someone else was shooting it. 8-) It was a great auction for me cuz most of the folks were there for the military memorabilia which made the gun prices very reasonable. I went in thinking I had no chance  because the auction was heavily advertised....... but to my amazement I walked out feeling like a bandit. Where`s the hole in the wall???
Cheers, Jeff

JaDub

Just an up-date.........

Just identified the two Turkish Mausers as `88/05/38 German Commision Mauser`,
an M88 which under went a conversion to modern .323 ammo in years as stamped. They are both in excellent condition. Amazing what information you can find on the web.......... 8-) Jeff

Tags: