Weekend of cars and Planes

Started by Brithunter, August 30, 2016, 01:45:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brithunter

This Saturday just gone there was a Rover 75/MG ZT owners club meeting held at Imperial War Museum Duxford and on Sunday it was te Pistons & Props dayy at The Lincolnshire Aviation Centre East Kirkby and I toddled off over there for the afternoon. Here are a few photos from thos events:-

This is the new acquistion a Rover 75 Classic SE CDT Automatic. The engine is the BMW M47C 2 litre diesel unit and it's job will towing.

The dark tourer (Estate/station wagon) is in a special flip/poly chromic paint that changes colour depending on light and angle viewed.

Rover also offered a range of Duo Tone colour schemes and this is just one of them.

This Spitfire is just beside the two silver cars posted earlier.

Now this one is one of the rarer 2 seater versions ...................... Spitfire.

Just a few more from Duxford.
Go Get them Floyd!

Brithunter

And now some from East Kirby where there were many makes of cars and customs as well:-

Ford 100E Prefect ....... I had a std 1960 version of this in White as my 1st car some decades back. Std engine was an 1200 SV that produced a claimed 10HP (36 bhp) and was coupled to a 3 speed manual box

Love the colour of this and even the shape and style ................. it is a TVR not sure which model though.

P41 Curtis Kittyhawk

Steerman?

P51 Mustang of course ...................... with "Just Jane" the AVRO Lancaster in the background. :D

And my Rover 75 ................... the colour is pearlescent metalic called Copperleaf Red.
Go Get them Floyd!

gitano

Very cool! Thanks for posting those!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

Great shots!! Thanks for the post.  I think the first foreign car other than a beetle I ever saw was a Prefect.  Nice,  8-)

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

IIRC as a nipper the Prefect was the first car I chucked my ring up in....:greentongue:

Don't think there is a barf emote...
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

Alboy

thanks

dad flew a stagger wing some, interesting aircraft
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

sakorick

The P40, Spitfire and most other noticeables of the day had one major issue.....the bulkhead behind the pilot made looking to the rear impossible. The Mustang fixed all that.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: