Doc Holliday's "street howitzer"

Started by buckshot roberts, March 03, 2006, 07:09:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

Doc's trusty "street howitzer" was his favorite 10-gauge Meteor double shotgun with sawed off barrels, and a cropped stock, it was worn on a shoulder strap attached to a brass swivel ring, this stye lwas copied from a gun owned by the mormon "Destroying Angel"  Porter Rockwell, The last pic is of porter.
 "cut not thy hair and no bullet or blade can harm thee"
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Daryl (deceased)

Buckshot,

I'm kinda curious about that picture of the Doc Holiday Memorial. I'm mostly curious about where the picture was taken.

Part of my curiosity is because I live about 15 miles from Tombstone, and the the other part is because I climbed up a hill and visited his memorial where he was buried when I was on my honeymoon in August 2005.

The one I visited looks a little different than the one you posted??

Notice the coins, playing cards, empty bullet casings, and the bottle that folks have placed on his memorial?

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Daryl (deceased)

On second glance, it appears that the pic's might have been taken at the same place? Just a different headstone?

The angles are different, but check out that forked, white branched tree in the background of both pictures.

Also, I have another picture here that shows the dedication stone, and they look the same.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

buckshot roberts

I see what ya mean, I got the pic, from a doc hollidays web page,Ya I've stopped a few times on my way to douglas, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Daryl (deceased)

Ron,

Doc Holiday was actually buried in a cemetary on top of a high hill overlooking Glenwood Springs, Colorado.  It's a bit of a climb to get to the cemetary.

It's said that he went to Glenwood Springs hoping that the mythical healing powers of the springs would help to heal his tuberculosis.  Shortly after his arrival at the springs, two men came through town and threatened to kill him.  When they left, he followed them, killed them both, and then returned to Glenwood Springs and died.

Here's another picture taken of the memorial in Glenwood Springs.

Daryl

RIP Linden33

buckshot roberts

:D Never got to see his, but maybe someone took the head stone, a few more i had, Ron

Daryl (deceased)

RIP Linden33

Tags: