Think we need a 'making stuff' thread...

Started by j0e_bl0ggs (deceased), May 04, 2012, 03:50:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

The punch that seats the core is a larger diameter than the 'jacket' so the flare gives the punch a 'start'.
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

22hornet

Keep going. I'm watching with great interest...:yes:
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

OK, messing with the 6mm reamer...
Needed a shortish ogive as bullet looks to be quite short.
Will add seated core dimension when I remember to measure it!

Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

And finally the first samples...
6mm 66g

Turvey Stalking

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

A selection of 'setup and testing' 6mm's with a home made .224 in the centre for comparison;

Turvey Stalking

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

22hornet

Quote from: gitano;121111Outstanding!

Paul

+1 Well done. Nice big HP to open up too. :yes:
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

davidlt89

make some in .257 and i will test them for free!:smiley: God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Quote from: davidlt89;121126make some in .257 and i will test them for free!:smiley: God Bless.

:D:D:D:D

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking

drinksgin (deceased)

How difficult is it to buy lead wire in GB?
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

I have not found it easy to buy lead wire now that RoSH has begun to take effect.
It can be found but at a price - 8 SWG was £20 ($30) / 3 Kg or a 'gunsmith' quoted
£14 and change / kilo - OUCH!
I have a solution though, that is to draw down some 3/8 wire that I have for the 429's that I swage.
It is even difficult to find a decent flux today, all that is sold is a modern low residue flux which does not work very well!
Turvey Stalking

drinksgin (deceased)

This sounds as though it would lead to another project, involving a strong bottle jack and some extruding dies.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Tags: