I got one !

Started by Antler3, April 08, 2006, 09:14:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antler3

Just got sat down after stacking some limbs and so forth for a little blind. Smeared a little camo paint around the eye holes in my face mask. Slipped on my gloves and grabbed my box call. Ran a series of yelps and a few cuts. Heard a gobbler down the ridge below me. Sat my box call down and readied my gun. I clucked couple times on my diaphram call and heard the gobbler again, at the same time I see two down below me making their way up toward me. It was two Jakes. I could barely see a beard. They, marched right up to within 45 yards of me, one ran his head up and KABOOM !!! He went to flopping and the other putted off rather quickly. He was a young one I guess his weight to be around 18 pounds or so. They were gonna bust me before the gobbler showed himself, so decided since we are allowed one Jake to go ahead and take him. The quickest turkey hunt I've ever gone on. I just walked up the ridge sat down and shot one LOL !!! His little beard was about 3 inches. He'll make for some good eatin' though !! Maybe tomorrow that ol' gobbler will show himself....;) .
ANTLER 3

buckshot roberts

:D :D :D "CONGRATS TO YA" A3,:D :D :D  sometimes it dont take long at all, How many can you take in your state, Here I can take two, if I get one the first day, I go back in a week  to see if I can get an other one, and sometimes ya have to put in some work to get it, it's all part of it, Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Antler3

Buckshot, we can take two bearded turkeys. One of which can be a Jake. So now I'll have to take a mature Gobbler. I never did see that ol'gobbler I heard this morning. That other Jake ran back towards where they came from in the same direction that I heard the gobbler. I wonder If I go back to that same spot in the morning, if I'd have any luck gettin' him to come in ? That makes three I've taken from this spot. It's kinda rough through there and I'm kinda at a crossing if that makes any sense. Right on the edge of some really thick stuff , where it opens up into hardwoods. I've seen deer and bobcat and coyote cross there as well as the turkeys. I was thinkin' I might just go right back in the morning and see what happens, but I don't wanna ruin it either. What would you all do?
ANTLER 3

rockinbbar

Congrats!

You sound exicted! I'm glad for ya....:D

PICS!! ;)
Remind yourself often to SEE not just "look".

buckshot roberts

:D A3 try getin back up there before it get's first light,;) I'd say ya get some sleep now HUH:rolleyes: ,Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Antler3

Sorry Rockin' didn't get any pictures :(.
Decided to wait for a warmer day to hit the turkey woods, got to savor it a little ;). Our season last a month, so will just have a nice dinner today with the one I got yesterday ;). Probably be better to let them forget all the excitment in their woods yesterday. Good luck to all !
ANTLER 3

bowhunter 51

Ha...Ha...Haaa....Bravo Antler3!!.........I know your tickled bout that.......
Still tryin' to get mine.......Maybe soon.......again, congrats to ya!!!............
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

Tags: