Kansas hunt

Started by sakorick, December 11, 2009, 04:07:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

It was brutal! I'll have more pics to post later but here is the executive summary. Bill T and I departed the house on Monday morning and picked up Dwain and John's Lab Annie....long story, at 0800. I dropped off the pets at the Vets and we started for KC. Eric(my son) his German Shorter Dot and Jack hit I70 and made it to Mankato at around 1630 Hrs. The boys from Minnesota arrived at 1700 and the weather forecast went bad.....real bad. Tuesday morning we arrived at Mark's farm in a driving snow storm with wind chills
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

fire717

Wow, she looks horrible in that picture. Too bad we didn't have a camera man in the field. She had some great points and kept up with the big labs. Not too bad for nearly 8 mos old. My legs are still a bit sore.

Eric

gitano

Yeah, I was watching the weather reports, and knew you guys were 'in for it'. Sounds like you still pulled the bacon from the fire though. Looking forward to crime scene photos.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

fire717

Here is a little better pic of Dotte (Dot)...with results! The other is mid way through day 1..While not a limit it was exciting! As you can see, the snow was accumulating faster than we could pass everyone's cameras around for photos.

fire717

sakorick

Wow! It looks colder now that it was at the time. Great picture of the Burr Oak boys minus Brian and Dustin. Please email me those, Eric. Dad.

gitano

How did the snow affect the bird's behavior, Rick?

Did they hold tighter - jump sooner - no change...?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Quote from: gitano;100722How did the snow affect the bird's behavior, Rick?

Did they hold tighter - jump sooner - no change...?

Paul
I would say for the most part..... no change. That said, they seemed to hold in the thickets longer in the morning. The Chinese transplant is a very hardy bird. Regards, Rick.

Tags: