Parker Hale unveiled

Started by sakorick, June 03, 2005, 06:45:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Quote from: gitano;62246Very Nice!

Paul

Ditto here. What a canon! Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Brithunter

Hi All,

Yep the 1100M is quite a beast. The rifle weighs about 10 1/2lbs as P-H added lead weights to the stock to help reduce felt recoil. Oh it was also available in .375 H&H and I beleive a limited number in .404 Jefferies.

Here is a look at the business end:-

A closer look at thta rear sight:-

This is mine fitted with a Weaver K3W :-

Go Get them Floyd!

Big Banger

Very nice Brithunter! I hope you got %25 off that scope :smiley:
I found another one in .375 H&H that was not as nice as this one. I haven't seen any in .404 yet but I will definitely grab one when I do.
Regards,
Mat

Brithunter

Ahhh the scope I found NIB some years back and brought it for what I thought was a good price.
Go Get them Floyd!

sakorick

Hello BH....Well, you won't be needing that one in Missouri:) I have been looking for big bore Sakos but alas, they are hard to find. It seems the big boys sell for at least 30% over book...I should have bought them when nobody wanted them. I have not seen a decent Parker Hale in any caliber for at least whenever this thread was started.:eek: I keep looking though. Regards, Rick.

Canhunter

Hi all !!!  I have 2 Parker... and same problem finding the model of them, could you please help me out cause I'm badly need it, one is 308 Win. and a 300 Win. Mag. The only info that i can find in these 2 are Parker Hale LTD. Birmingham, England and Cal.... with the letters BNP under the crown for both.  Here're the pic please help.  Thanks to all in advance

sakorick

Hello Canhunter. The top on is a PH Super and looks all original. The SN would help....probably made late 60's/early 70's. It should also have an import mark "Jana Denver, Colo". If there is no import mark, then it is Canadian or a GI brought it back from Europe. The lower one has been altered as PH never jewelled the bolt stop bolt or any other pieces. Nice rifles to be sure! Regards, Rick.

Brithunter

Hi All,

Sakorick the 1200P model may have had the items jewelled but the photos in the catalogue don't show it clearly :undecided: however it's also possible that a previous owner may have done it or had it done. Hopefully Bigbanger will come along and help as I seem to recall that he alos has a 1200P amongst his little collection of P-H rifles :smiley: . Or I may run into teh one at the range this weekend and take a loof at it to see if that is also jewelled :biggthumpup: .

Another thing I have noticed is that in  y catalogue the 1200P has no irons fitted but the one at the range has as does the one in the photos.
Go Get them Floyd!

Canhunter

Thanks all for the comments and info.  I think by now i should have enough detail as needed to fill out my paper work... one thing i know for sure that the 308 Win. (engraving) is the best grouping that i have..  best regard

Big Banger

Hi Guys,
Nice rifles Canhunter!

Only the bolt is jewelled on my 1200P and there are no iron sights on it as well.

Canhunter I would like to see some closer pictures of the engraving on the receiver as it looks different than the 1200P. Also it looks like the engraving has been done over the serial number? I am guessing it is a custom rifle or maybe the Canadian Centennial model, I haven't seen one of those yet.

Another mystery,
Mat

mhanna3

hello all,
this is my first post on this site and I must say you all have got me hooked on this rifle brand.  I am currently looking for an 30-06,7mm mag, or 300 win mag.  Ive checked some online auctions and was not that lucky.  I did find one on gun broker but I am not sure if it is a real one because it looks like it is missing the recoil lug.  Any chance any of you know where to pick one up at?
thanks,
Matt

sakorick

Hello Matt and welcome to THL. I wished I knew. I check Gunbroker, Auction Arms, Steve Barnett, Guns America and the auction sites nearly every day. There hasn't been a nice one sold in a long time. A few of the newer ones but very very few Supers. Most missing the front sight hood and not mint. There was an '06 on GA a few months ago, however, I already have an '06 so I didn't offer. It sold for $550 in 98% condition. The '06 on GB right now looks genuine. I'm not sure why it doesn't have the recoil lug. As the years went by after 1970 they changed little things from time to time. If I were in the market for an '06, I sure would bid on it. I would ask the seller if the front sight was removed or if the barrel has no holes for the sight. 99% of Sako deluxes during the period had no iron sights so PH may have copied them along the way. Good luck and regards, Rick.

Brithunter

Hi All if we are talking about this :-

Auction # 78239329 on Gunbroker

Then having no recoil cross bolt is normal as the model is the 1200V and my 6mm Rem 1200V does not have the cross bolt either, the stocks are glass bedded instead.

Oh the 1200V had no iron sights and the barrels were not drilled for them however the barrel was drilled and tapped for a scope block so the long target type scopes could be used.

Hope that helps :biggthumpup:
Go Get them Floyd!

mhanna3

thanks for the info! I was just out bidded so I think I am going to take some time and search for some more Ph rifles for sale.  Too bad there is only a handfull to look at

Tags: