Alboy and assistant

Started by drinksgin (deceased), January 10, 2010, 03:56:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drinksgin (deceased)

He should be here tomorrow or the next day with his electrifying tales of murderous pigs
:smiley::biggthumpup:
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Alboy

Well this one may or not have been life threatening but exhilarating none the less.

We had checked and set the doors on our pen (story with pictures on another thread) and met Don at camp to visit a spell. He had to get home about 30 minutes before sundown so we decide to go set Ken's (another lease member) trap as we had permission anytime we wanted on that one.

As we were pulling up Adrian is jumpiong out the door and saying something about he thinks there is already a pig in that pen. He heads in at the ready with his '06 and I, kind of not believing, am starting to get corn and smell bait out of the truck. Bam the rifle goes off putting me in high gear as now THERE ARE PIGS and I am not in there backing him up.

The pen is some 50 yards off the road and I am setting a new sprint record for myself when I hear a second shot off to the east and peel that way letting Adrian know I am on the way.

Got there just in time to Coup de Gras a little boar about 50 lbs. He would have expired with out my aide but what the heck the 38 spc needed some exercise.

Adrians first shot was with the pig in the pen and trying to exit out the back fence. Adrian was under 30 yards and had too much scope. He could see pig but not all of it so shot for center of mass. The shot entered grazing along the ribs on the left side, broke the front leg high, and lodged somewhere in the head along the jaw.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Alboy

After the 1st shot the pig reversed couse to the real door and came out turning east. According to my assistant he was moving but not real fast. He gave pursuit and caught sight of the boar another 50 or so yards down a trail and popped it again through the guts. this one put him down and he was suddering it out when I ran up and put a 38 Spc 125 grain hollow point in the brain.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Alboy

Any way it was dark getting back to camp and we were getting lazy. been a long day since 4 am. the temp was to drop well below freezing so we hunbg the little guy to work on the next day.

A check of the thermometer next morning at sunrise had us at 20*.

This is the last picture I have of the boar with some of his hair on.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Paul Hoskins

Sure sounds like fun to me. Good eating too. Congrat's.  ......Go do it again & post results.    ........Paul H

gitano

Given the color of the hair, at first glance I thought that was a deer!

What's the story on "traps".

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

bowhunter 51

Yea, I'm curious about the traps also....alot of fat on that pig.........BH51...
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

drinksgin (deceased)

Apparently, I gave this the wrong title. After hearing both pig tales, I should have labeled it, "Frito Bandito and his coopdgrasser"
Oh well, perhaps Alboy will get one someday.
;D, rolf.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

Fieldmor77

I have seen a few with that colouring around the spot i go to as well, about the same size too, nice one!.

Alboy

The picture of the pen and description are in the ROUND PIG TRAP THREAD.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Tags: