squirrel season is in

Started by buckshot roberts, May 29, 2014, 11:11:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

:food04: i was a week late get'n in the wood this season, my first hour out i took these two with the old A-5, had'm for dinner.........Ron

We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

gitano

Can't see the pictures at the moment, but sounds like fun. I was just taking to some people that were surprised that I ate squirrel. As a nation, we are getting farther and farther from 'reality'.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

As Paul would say...........   " Ya got me slobber`n"  !

davidlt89

never had squirrel but that looks pretty good!!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

buckshot roberts

David take them boy's out an take some, try'm out ..............Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

In the past I was given an order to procure squirrel for an out door open fire cooking n drinking 'party'. I spent a weekend out on squizzers probably shot a dozen or more. They were really nice fried on an open fire with pigeon breasts and red wine, no one complained!
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

sakorick

Quote from: j0e_bl0ggs;132636In the past I was given an order to procure squirrel for an out door open fire cooking n drinking 'party'. I spent a weekend out on squizzers probably shot a dozen or more. They were really nice fried on an open fire with pigeon breasts and red wine, no one complained!

Would a Squizzer be a red one, a grey one, or both?:D:D
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

davidlt89

QuoteDavid take them boy's out an take some, try'm out
No grey squirrels in the woods to shoot. what little we have hang out in town!!! I may however take him to try and shoot some Brown ones since we have about 9 million of them!!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Quote from: sakorick;132647Would a Squizzer be a red one, a grey one, or both?:D:D
Grey, red squirrels are protected.
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

There are three PRIMARY tree squirrel species: Red or Pine squirrel (Sciurus hudsonicus), grey squirrels (S. virginianus), and fox squirrels (S. niger). The Red/Pine squirrel is VERY small and tastes like pine needles. (If you like carroway seeds, maybe you would like their meat. I HATE it.) Most people - not me - think grey squirrels are the best tasting. I don't think there is any difference between greys and foxes if they have both been eating in the same woodlot. The foxes are the biggest, up to two pounds, but the greys have plenty of meat on them. In the fall when they have been eating hickory nuts and pecans, they are a delicacy in my book.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: