A new oldie for me !

Started by codger, November 27, 2023, 06:27:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

codger

The postie brought me a beauty today !   

A Brand new oldie, I'm well pleased. ;D

Can anyone tell me when this rifle was made ?    The serial number is Z-39589     

codger

I have been told that Z = 1974, so it's 49 years old.

The only bad thing about the rifle was the stock inletting, it was total crap.    I have now bedded the action and floated the barrel, it's shooting great now.    44 grains of 4064 under a 150 grain bullet is a moa load, as is the same charge under a 125 grain bullet.  I'm very happy  ;D

The trigger is nice, there is a tiny bit of predictable creep before it breaks cleanly at 3lb 4 oz.   I will not be doing anything to it.

The only thing that still needs attention is the rock hard butt pad,

Jamie.270

So, is this a .308Win?

You don't mention the caliber so I'm just guessing here,...

I'm glad to read it's shooting well.  Getting it to shoot as good as it looks could be a tall order ;)
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Jamie.270

BTW, There's a fella here that can extol the virtues of 125gr slugs in the .308 cartridge for hours if you give him a little encouragement.
Mebbe he'll chime in here, if he's not busy packing for a trip to Mizzou.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

codger

Quote from: Jamie.270 on December 03, 2023, 08:27:30 AMSo, is this a .308Win?

You don't mention the caliber so I'm just guessing here,...

I'm glad to read it's shooting well.  Getting it to shoot as good as it looks could be a tall order ;)
Yes it's a 308.

I have just ordered a better scope for it..    SPINA HD 4-16x44 Long Eye Relief Hunting Tactical 1/4MOA Riflescope Airsoft Optical Sight Sniper Shooting Scope Fit .5.56.308etc - AliExpress    I have discovered how good adjustable parallax is  :biggthumpup:

Tags: