has anyone here hunted africa ?

Started by greywolf, May 07, 2008, 08:02:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daryl (deceased)

Welcome to THL, Cleo.

Good luck on your hunt, and I'll be looking forward to those pictures, too.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

bwheasler

I just went in May to South Africa @ Thordale Safaris. Wonderful people and place. As a midwest boy I used want I knew, my 870 with Remington Accutip Sabot slugs, It was about 8 grand for hunt and plane tickets for me and my girlfriend. We had the place all to ourselves and that include meals and alcohol. I shot kudu, blesbok, springbok, duiker,impala,wildebeast,and bushpig. Go be for you die, I you are a true hunter you will not be dissapointed. Look them up on the web.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

bwheasler

I would love to,but I don't know how to compress my pictures any smaller than they are, however you can look at my blogsite, Butch's Keystone Kountry, Africa pics. I do have a compression program on my home computer, maybe I could figure it out when I get home this weekend.

gitano

I went to your blog, bw. I could find nothing on Africa.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

kombi1976

I have a hankering for a trip to Africa but with the Aussie dollar being worth less than the US dollar we get less for our money.
I'd like to take a Cape buff and some plains game.
The rest of the big 5 are losing their habitats faster rather than slower and the big cats cop a hiding from the natives so I have no interest in knocking them over.
Anything at that end of foodchain is knife edge material under the current political and social instability in Africa.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising those who would like to take the big 5 or hunt cats, that's just my view.
But my new Ruger No1 in 450/400 NE 3" deserves a trip to Africa as does my T3 9.3x62.
If I came home with a kudu, springbok, blesbok, sable and a Cape buffalo I'd be a happy boy.
Mind you I just was invited to go on a cull hunt in the Northern Territory - basically take as many water buff, wild donkeys, dingos & other ferals as you can over a 5 day period.
The last group of hunters, around 10 guys, took 88 buff in the 5 days they were there 32, dingoes and over 100 other game.
But including airfare that is about AUD$3700.
Everything costs money!
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

grayghost

I'm headed back in two months and go every year at least once. Africa remains one of the best hunting locations in the world, simply for the vast amount of species to hunt and the affordable cost. RSA or Namibia both offer great deals for hunting packages or combining with a hunt vacation. Currently, a 5 hunting day safari with 5 trophy animals (trophies, not immature or culls) runs around $2,300 each for 2 hunters with one PH (guide). This includes everything but airfare (can vary from $1,700-$2,100 depending upon where you leave from), personal expenses and tips should you decide to give them. You can hunt anything from Elephant down to ducks/gamebirds and varmints in Africa. I'll post a report when I return.
Good hunting, grayghost
In the end....the Hunter hunts himself

Tags: