Stevens 416 US

Started by sakorick, June 25, 2010, 01:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

I got around to mounting my Unertl scope on my 416 and  shot some 5 shot groups. The rifle is a Military 416 and it has the wrong size  windage screw which allows the peep to have a "rocking" play. In other  words, it's unserviceable until I find the proper screw.....hence the  scope. After this range session, I may just leave things the way they  are......sure take the pressure off of finding the screw! The wind got  me on the 100 yard target.....ammo was the Aguilla super extras.  Regards, Rick.

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

gitano

That's one butt-ugly rifle, Rick. I expect it hurts you to have it next to all those other pretty gun you have. Why don't you send it up to me where it will be less embarrassed next to all my 'dogs'. :D

Fine rifle and fine shootin'. But then I'm the one that remembers you used to shoot competitively...

Have you seen pictures of my 416?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

No, I haven't....you always hide the good stuff! Regards, Rick.

JaDub

Hi Rick,

Just happened to notice one of your posts on one of the Mauser forums. It looked to be a year or two old....... you gotta a Mauser too??

sakorick

Yep, I have a few. which ones are you interested in? Regards, Rick.

recoil junky

The 21st from left looks pretty cool as does the 19th from the right. :yes:

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

JaDub

" I have a few of them"   :eek:      LMAO  !!

Holy Smo buddy.........when the stuff hits the fan I`m moving in with YOU!  :anxious:

Wow, now that`s a pretty impressive wall full.  Now I suppose if the lens had a wider angle the picture would show the adjacent wall full of Mosin-Nagants??   8-)

Me ......I`m just a rookie with a growing small collection. Check out my post on the collectors thread.    The auction I just went to advertised many Mausers and I was hoping to find a  98 to start off with.......  of which they had one  but it was junk . Some of the others that were marked Mausers turned out to be Carcanos which I was happy to snap up.   I was looking thru a bunch of Mauser sites trying to I.D. the 88/05s when I came across your post. Sounded as though you got a bit of a brush-off with your question. :undecided:    Just makes me appreciate the `upper class` of our posters.   I`m deep in the learning stage on the Mausers.  Any ones in particular that I should keep an eye out for?? ;)
Jeff

sakorick

Hello JaDub. All the South Americans are generally nice.....matching numbers command a big premium. I like the Brazilians, Argentinos and Chilenos. WWI matching Oberndorf GEW's are always in vogue. WWII matching K98's are the highest....and most are forged. Swedes need to be in every collection and are still affordable. Russian capture K98's are still cheap and at least not forged......watch out for good clean bores they are hard to come by. Perhaps the best sleepers are the M24/47 Yugos. Very nice workmanship, like new bores and some rare codes. Oh, occasionally a Chinese M98 pops up.....usually the bores are shot out but interesting pieces.

I like the 7 and 8MM Mauser as you can see. There is a lot of junk there but some good stuff too! Happy collecting and regards, Rick.

Jamie.270

:COOLdude: Holy cats Rick! :bowdown:
That's crazy!
But then again, I'm just jealous.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

branxhunter

Quote from: JaDub;106794Hi Rick,

Just happened to notice one of your posts on one of the Mauser forums. It looked to be a year or two old....... you gotta a Mauser too??

Which mauser forum JaDub??

Marcus

JaDub

Marcus,   I`ll bet I looked at  a dozen sites the other day and to be honest with you I don`t remember which site it was.

JaDub

Rick, thanks for the heads-up on the Mausers.

Was I right about the `other wall` covered with MNs?? 8-)

Off to Alaska for a couple of weeks.......

sakorick

Quote from: JaDub;106821Rick, thanks for the heads-up on the Mausers.

Was I right about the `other wall` covered with MNs?? 8-)

Off to Alaska for a couple of weeks.......

Have fun in AK. I'll post my MN's sometime. Regards, Rick.

JaDub

Just got off the Kenai at 10:30 pm....  lots of Sockeye,  my arms are aching and my back is worn out........  but I just had to check in on you guys.  Eat sleep fish,  eat sleep fish..........

gitano

Glad to hear you are faring well on the Kenai. Too bad about the chinook closure.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

JaDub

No closures on Chinook in the Kenai that I know of. We`re sockeye guys and with a river full of them I`m in hog heaven. I think the river sonar count was about 45,000 yesterday and I`m sure it was even higher today. We`ve limited out everyday , catch and release till I can`t hold onto the rod any longer. Oh, the horror..........the horror............the horror. My arms are aching and my legs feel like rubber. No trouble sleeeeeeeeping........... (snore).

gitano

Here are some pictures of my 416:

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

If I read that SN right......number 212? They made less than 10,000 I believe....wow what a rifle! Regards, Rick.

gitano

It is indeed 200212. If they started at 200000, it's surely an early one.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: