CZ-52 Rifle "SHE" 7.62x45

Started by gitano, August 16, 2022, 06:47:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

I recently found a "New-in-the-box" Sako P94s and purchased it. :rolleyes: In order to finance that purchase, since I decided to stop buying firearms, :yes: I am selling a couple of my milsurps. One of which is an early CZ-52 built at the "SHE" factory, chambered in 7.62x45. That chambering is a real doozie. The Czechoslovakians decided they'd "do their own thing" with the chambering. A few years later, they acquiesced to the Soviets and rechambered them in 7.62x39. Mine is one of the early, 7.62x45 versions. When CIA  (Century Internation Importers) imported a bunch of them, some moron that worked there decided to paint them with what is referred to, (but is NOT), "bedliner" paint. They look like 'mud on a white horse'. (Just substitute a word less wholesome for the "mud" part.)

I'm in the process of removing that skanky paint and refinishing the stock, as well as getting all the appropriate 'accouterments'. Similarly refurbished ones are selling for $800-$1200, most of the way to the cost of the Sako. :stars:

Here are some pictures of the stock as it was when I removed the barreld actions from it. Notice the peeling paint.

I scraped off all the peeling paint I could.

It then looked like this:

As you can see, I didn't get all of it scraped off. :frown Suffice it to say at this point, that I have tried two separate HIGHLY RECOMMENDED paint removers, that didn't work worth a ****. I'm not going to sand. I hate to sand stocks. I will find some paint remover that works. When I do, I'll show the stripped stock.

Here's one that wasn't painted by the idiots at CIA.

Mine won't look that good when I'm finished.

They're an interesting rifle. Worth a google search and read.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

You might try a heat gun on that paint.  You may find that it blisters easily and makes removal easier, cleaner and less stinky than a chemical remover.

Cool rifle.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

That's 'on the table'. My concern is that my heat gun is a serious one, fully capable of toasting the wood. I WILL use it if/when I think it's necessary AND I can control it.

"Cool gun"... Don't be saying stuff like that. It's already REALLY difficult to part with my guns without being told that they're cool. ��

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

Nice rifle, wish we could have those :(
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

gitano

The heat gun worked, Jamie.270. It was a delicate balance between burning the wood and blistering the paint, but I got it scraped. I don't have pictures yet, but I'll post them shortly. It was WAY worse than I expected.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Pictures of the stripped stock.

Bottom of the butt.

Bottom of the forearm.

Left side of the butt.

Left side of the forearm.

Top of the butt.

Top of the Forearm.

Right side of the butt

Right side of the forearm.

Difficult to call this "salvageable". With PAINT maybe, but it's REALLY bad. All those crack-looking cracks ARE CRACKS! It's got TWO NAILS (pins) holding the broken wrist together. This thing ALMOST excuses the @#$%^&*ing CIA paint-job. (But it doesn't.)

I've been looking for a replacement, and surprisingly, found this on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/295021975583

But hell will freeze before I pay $425 for that stock. It's not even complete! (The upper handguard shown IS NOT INCLUDED.) I offered him $325 - which is WAY TOO MUCH - but he didn't take the offer.

So... If any of 'you' see a Vz-52 (AKA CZ-52/57) stock for sale, please let me know. In the mean time, I MAY actually refinish this one. But talk about putting lipstick on a PIG!!!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jamie.270

QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

gitano

That's one skanky stock. I just offered him $80 for it.  :biggthumpup:

Thank you!

Yeah, I checked Numrich first, or close to first. Checked everywhere I know of and some places I didn't know about. This was JUST listed since I posted the above request. I shoulda put a "search" in that let's you know when something you're looking for shows up. Thanks again!

That's one of the things I love about THL!

I'll let you know if he accepts the offer.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

What has become of the world we live in?

Here is the email I sent to CH4D:
Name: Paul
Company:
Email: pskvorc@protonmail.com
Phone:
Subject: 7.62x45 Form Die Question

I'm interested in getting a set of your dies, (FL resize and Bullet Seat), for this cartridge. I see you list a "form die". What cartridge case is this form die designed to form into the 7.62x45?

Thanks,

Paul

Here's the response I got:
On Aug 23, 2022, 05:53, CH Tool and Die < sales@chtoolanddie.com> wrote:
Hide original message

We do not currently have that in stock at the moment, the current lead time is for Winter 2023.

Jacob

First; I didn't ask about availability.
Second; the response DIDN'T EVEN GET CLOSE TO ADDRESSING THE QUESTION!
Third; they tell people to use email contact because they're too busy to answer phones. I would add that they're also too stupid to answer emails.

It's just so depressing.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Unfortunately, "someone", bid on the stock before my offer was accepted, so it now it has to go to completion of the auction, 6 days from now. I'm suspicious about the "bid", but it doesn't matter because there's nothing I can do about it. We'll see how the bidding turns out.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

It went, to someone else, for something over $200. Looks like I'll have to make do with the one I have.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Here's what I got in response to my response.

The form die that we have listed there is due to us producing form dies for every caliber under the group category that this die is under. We have never actually made any form dies for this particular caliber, however, if we did end up making any form dies they would be for a Carcano (either 7.35 or 6.5).

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: