air rifle scope recommendations

Started by JaDub, November 17, 2010, 08:27:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDub

My Gamo scope is on the way out ( won`t hold calibration ) so it`s time to replace it .   Without spending a fortune on a `star wars` scope might anyone have recommendations for a  $100 or less springer air rifle scope??  My usual shooting distance is 50 to 75 feet.  I don`t need a lit reticle.
  Thanks,  JaDub

JaDub

So......... either no one reads this thread or no one is happy with their  $100 or less scope?

davidlt89

I have absolutely no knowledge of air rifle scopes. I would think at 75 feet open sights would surfice and they usually stay on? God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

JaDub

Hi David,

I need dime size accuracy at those ranges. Springer type air rifles are very hard on scopes because they have to deal with a `double` shock harmonic that will absolutely tear up a regular rifle scope. I`ve put a ton of pellets thru my air rifle and the scope that came with it is now having a hard time keeping calibration. I thoroughly enjoy my Gamo Whisper and really want to preserve it`s pin- point accuracy .   I like to see the enemy up close.

Anyboby else out there??

JaDub

FYI

By recomendation I purchased a Leapers Tactical SCP-394AOMDLTS.   Purchased on `Black Friday` from Air Gun Depot, I paid $74.............. lists for around $95.  Very pleased so far.  Scope set-up easily and am shooting 1/2" at 55 ft. It`s a 4 x 9 x 40 with  a lit reticle.

I have a Leapers scope on my .223 and am very pleased with it as well.

Cheers,  JaDub

Daryl (deceased)

JaDub,

I'm glad you found a suitable 'scope for your air rifle.  Under $100 is sometimes a tough one.

I shoot my air rifle with a peep sight with really good results.  I can keep the shots within 1/2" most of the time at 25 yard (75 feet).  Many's the pesky sparrow I've shot out of a fruit tree with it, that's for sure.

Good luck!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

JaDub

" pesky sparrows"...........

I always felt like Gunga Din while hunting sparrows on the farm with my mighty RedRyder.  Many a dive did sparrows make. 8-)   Gophers were like Cape Buffalo!   Oh for the days of a 49 cent tube of Daisey BBs...........

Tags: