old blackpowder double barrel shotguns

Started by thirddog99, December 12, 2007, 10:16:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thirddog99

:biggthumpup: Hi everybody! Good to be associated with your group, sounds like a lot of good info and stories. I hate to start out with a question but my khowledge of old black powde shotguns is very limited. I just came across a dbl barrel twwo hammer front loader that appears pretty old. Lots of rust. I'v been very careful ti check this piece out but can't find muuch. It does have quite a lot of engraving, mostly quail, all over. But I did manage to fins a marking on the strip betwen the barrels that says something kike "Lawxanted Teels Barrel". Thats the only writing I can fine withou removing quite a bit of rust. I have no intebtion of firing it but I would like to know who made in , approxiamate age and whatever else. Thanks a lot. Well I better get some sleep the suns cuming up soon I'll talk more later, remember shoot straight or run fast.

Alboy

There are some pretty good researchers on this forum, regretably I am not one of them. I do know they will be wanting pictures.Full length and then all the close up detail you can get.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

roadkill636

im pretty sure if yoy look at it again it would say "laminated steel barrel"
If God did"t want us to eat meat,,,,, he would not have invented guns

Tags: