Recent posts

SEND IN THE CLOWNS! / Re: Extrapolation
Last post by gitano - December 08, 2023, 05:20:52 PM
Sadly...

Paul
FIREARMS & OPTICS / Re: j0e_bl0ggs guns
Last post by branxhunter - December 08, 2023, 05:19:15 PM
Nice - I really like the Annie 22lr and the Sauer .270.

I wonder why Alain had duplicate .17Rems?

Marcus
FIREARMS & OPTICS / Re: Tulsa trip
Last post by branxhunter - December 08, 2023, 05:17:08 PM
You have a knack for picking good ones Rick. Looks like it has some nice wood.

Marcus
FIREARMS & OPTICS / Re: Some Days Chickens, Some D...
Last post by branxhunter - December 08, 2023, 04:46:18 PM
Hey Paul, what rifle is the .22-250? I wonder whether the barrel has been shortened from the chamber end very slightly for some reason? Would trying up a factory barrel without rechambering see this and result?

Oh and great job on the easy-out. I bet you were relieved!

Marcus
SEND IN THE CLOWNS! / Extrapolation
Last post by branxhunter - December 08, 2023, 04:35:48 PM
Becoming more prevalent these days...

Marcus
THE CAMPFIRE / Re: Branxhunter is back!
Last post by Jamie.270 - December 08, 2023, 03:52:40 PM
Quote from: branxhunter on December 08, 2023, 03:15:38 PMI've got a few updates to provid as well.

Marcus
Looking forward to that!  It's great to hear from ya.
Welcome back Marcus.
AUSTRALIAN OUTDOORS / A couple of foxes the n the st...
Last post by branxhunter - December 08, 2023, 03:46:46 PM
Nice cool sunny morning a few weekends ago so went for a walk and a whistle down in the stones.

Parked myself on a rock on a small ridge overlooking a flat and have a few whistles. A few roos and wallabies bouncing around but nothing seen coming in to the Silva Fox whistle.

Standing up to move to the next spot I spied a spot of orange in the grass out to the right - must have snuck in along the toe of the ridge. A 40gn Varmageddon nailed it, a young vixen.

Mooched along a bit further to the east and took a rest over the top of a stone wall

A few more piercing screams from the Silva Fox. Nothing out it front, but after about a minute I picked up a movement in my far left hand peripheral vision - one bounding down slope through the long grass.

I swung around to get a bead on it and it halted behind a patch of bracken. I could just see enough if it's head so squeezed off the shot. Another young vixen.

Didn't see anything else for the morning but a good way to spend a couple of hours.

Marcus
THE CAMPFIRE / Branxhunter is back!
Last post by branxhunter - December 08, 2023, 03:15:38 PM
Hi all, thanks to some work by Paul in the background I'm back on THL - and the new layout looks terrific! Great to see THL is still going! I haven't read back through the posts yet to find out who has driven the changes and kept it going but I suspect Paul has had a big part in it - thanks to all involved.

Now to catch up with what's been happening. I've got a few updates to provid as well.

Marcus
WHITETAIL / Re: Alice nailed another one l...
Last post by codger - December 04, 2023, 02:24:35 PM
She did.
WHITETAIL / Re: Alice nailed another one l...
Last post by gitano - December 04, 2023, 12:56:35 PM
It looked like deer, but I wasn't sure. Did she kill it?

Paul