moderating

Started by recoil junky, July 25, 2014, 10:44:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

recoil junky

So to check out a new members "authenticity" I hit the "mod" button on the bottom of the page. Says to "log-in" no problem, I knew I was going to have to do that, but when I do it just asks me to log in again and again and again. Is this the on-going problem with raven beauty's secret password that only lets her "deal" with THL's problems?

Allen
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

Maybe.  I have figured out a 'work-around' for me. Are you trying to get to "Admin"? There are two levels. Could you get there before? You should have had a separate password if you had access to "Admin" area. I'm not talking about being a moderator and getting into the "Outhouse" area. (Clearly you are in there.)

Let me know and I'll look into it. Are you suspicious of someone?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

On the other forum where I moderator we can get into the "Mod" by using our regular login and password. The we can look at ISP numbers and the location of the person in question.

On the other forum it's against forum rules to post links to places where the poster might make money from the site. Kinda like free advertising, that and among other no-no's. Anyway I was going to try to see more about this new feller darrellonte (Matt) and I can't get anywhere after I hit the "Mod" button at the bottom of the page. You can do all sorts of stuff there including banning and such.

Allen
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

gitano

"On the other forum where I moderator"... You mean other than THL?

I've never known of that capability from THL.

To check ISPs and locations, one has to enter the "inner sanctum" of THL. At the moment, only j0e_bl0ggs (Alain - in case I get killed or incapacitated) and I can do that. I'm paranoid as hell about opening that 'door'. Not that you or any other moderator woutd do anything malicious, but that someone else might get into the inner workings of THL through one of the moderator's computers. At this point, if that happens, it will have come from only two places.

I notified Alain about darrellonte and he is "keeping an eye" on him.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

recoil junky

Quote from: gitano;133376"On the other forum where I moderator"... You mean other than THL?

Here:

http://www.shootersforum.com/

Allen

Tags: