White Chocolate Blonde Stout

Started by gitano, December 02, 2020, 10:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

I  made a batch of beer - White Chocolate Blonde Stout - from a Best Brew  kit. I pitched the yeast on November 4, and we had our first taste last  night. Not bad actually. The white chocolate flavoring was not offensive  - more a fragrance than a flavor per se. I like white chocolate; not necessarily in my beer, but this wasn't off-putting. My only  complaint is that for a stout, it's a bit weak. Alcohol by volume is  only somewhere between 4.3 and 4.5%. I'd have preferred it to be between  6 and 7. Nevertheless, this is the first time I've used a kit, and I  was impressed with its completeness. I would buy, (between $37 and $45 for a 5-gal kit), one of these kits  again.

Paul

PS - Actual production was 532 ounces, or 4.15 gallons, for a cost of 7.3 cents per ounce, or ~88 cents per 12oz bottle. A little more than the cost of a can of Budweiser if purchased in a case. I can live with that.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

gitano

Here's a list of the contents and some specs. As you can see, in addition to the ingredients needed to make the beer, they even provide grain bags and bottle caps. All you need to provide is water, the brewing kettle, fermenting container, and bottles. Hard to get simpler than that. Given the final product, I consider that a bargain.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Paul Hoskins

Looks delicious & sounds good but I don't know about the chocolate. I never liked chocolate much except chocolate covered peanuts or bees. ........Paul H

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

Quote from: j0e_bl0ggs;155452Hmmm, love white choc...

Me too! Which is why I made this even though I had my doubts about how it would ultimately taste. Like I said, it wasn't off-putting. I don't think it really added to the 'goodness' of the taste, but it didn't distract from it either.

Paul - I don't particularly care for chocolate either. (Don't hate it, but don't love it either.) However, white chocolate - the 'fat' from true chocolate - I do love! Enough that I made a batch of beer flavored with it. :D

Rick - I'm guessing Eric (Fire717) might be more of a purist when it comes to beer brewing. He may 'eschew' the use of malt extracts and kits. Correct me, (either of you), if I am wrong on that. That said, I suspect he might find the beer good enough to drink. ;)

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: