Parker Hale Help Please........!!!

Started by Canhunter, August 16, 2007, 09:17:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Canhunter

Hi all !!! I have 2 Parker... and same problem finding the model of them, could you please help me out cause I'm badly need it, one is 308 Win. and a 300 Win. Mag. The only info that i can find in these 2 are Parker Hale LTD. Birmingham, England and Cal.... with the letters BNP under the crown for both. Here're the pic please help. Thanks to all in advance

Brithunter

Hi,

Well you have two model 1200's. The one with the engraving is a 1200P (presentation) the other is a 1200 Super. If you remove the stocks and let me know the letters on the Birmingham Private view mark which looks like two crossed swords but is in fact two crossed lances it should tell us when they were proofed and as P-H had them proofed in the white before blacking the year they were made.

Oh by the way it's nice to see that they still have their iron sights and the fore sight hoods.
Go Get them Floyd!

Canhunter

Thanks Brithunter !!!  :biggthumpup:  Your info's helps me a lots.... this weekend i'll go out for target shooting and i'll take the barrel off then contact you...

Overall  the Engraving 1 is the 308 Win.  I would be able to  group them all in a quarter (25C) consistently every time  i shoot at 150 Yds, and i did pay for it for $450 Canadian.  Again !!! Any comment will be thanks full cause some1 tell me that it is a very rare gun...  not sure .. ???
 Thanks again...

Brithunter

Hi There,

As for being rare I cannot comment but at least one member here has a 1200P and I also shoot at the club with the owner of one in .30-06. I am sorry to say that particular owner has had his rifle butchered to fit a Muzzle brake :( .

The 1200P was it seems popular in the export markets and the 1200 Super was styled especially with the US market in mind. Agains as for being rare one could also say that about teh 1100 deluxe as I have seen the same number of those as I have the 1200P. Canada seems to have a lot of Parker-Hales from what I have seen, it must have been an important market for P-H,
Go Get them Floyd!

sakorick

Hello Canhunter. That's the first presentation version I have ever seen. They must have been made for the Canadian market as BH said. I have never seen one in the states.....not to say they don't exist, however. I would guess it came out shortly after the Sako deluxe anniversary models as PH copied the Sako style it seems. PH has a bad reputation in the US for unknown reasons.....probably because they cheapened them up over the years. My '06 shoots MOA and with the light barrel, I'm very happy with it. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

ForneyRider

1200P - (presentation) with engraving and french walnut instead of English walnut.

1200 - gold trigger, two-tone sporter stock with Monte Carlo rollover. .30-06, .308Win, .300 Win Mag, .308 Norma Mag, Rem. 7mm Mag, .270 Win. Maybe some others like .25-06.

1200V - (varmint) bull-barreled small caliber, .22-250, .243, 6mm, etc.

Go on Ebay and lookup Parker Hale. There are old magazine ads with information.

There is also a 1200P in .30-06 on gunbroker.com right now. Good pictures.
When all is said and done, there is a lot more said than done.

Canhunter

Hi all thanks for all comments and help about Parker Hale..  I'm now in Gainesville Fl. for good and looking for ward to hunt something, kinda nervous, all info will be grateful

1950Stoney

Hi,
I've got a PH 7MM Mag identical to Canhunter's 1200 Super which I had pretty much guessed as a 1200 from pictures I've seen on the net.  This gun is an excellent shooter but is a little large for deer.
Because I enjoy the 7mm so much, I  picked up a .270 for deer.  However, the rifle  baffles me.  It's got engraving on the trigger guard and magazine plate and the stock appears to be a tiger stripe maple.  It is a beautiful piece.  Serial number is B-80*** (don't have it with me).  Does anyone have an idea what model this might be?
No picutres yet but will have some tomorrow.

Z hunter

my dad just bought me my first hunting rifle and it looks identical to the third picture.its a .243 calaber. the barrel states Parker\Hale LTD. birrmingham england and i had all the same questions.so this would be the super? i am going to have it modified to my use and mybe adding a composit stock for me i am only 11 years old

it has a brass trigger and a polished alum. bolt and the same key way insert on the side of the stock. is there historical value to this gun.

thankyou,

coleton

Brithunter

If your rifle is as the third photo then yes it's a 1200 Super. The trigger is Gold plated not brass :greentongue: and the bolt is polished steel not alloy. The alloy parts are the trigger guard and mag box and magazine floor plate which ususally has a Ram cast on it however some like my 1200V have a plain floor plate.

As to the plastic stock I have to ask WHY????????????

There are those who appreciate the Parker-Hale rifles and even those who collect them :smiley: . All the 1200 Supers I have handled are not over heavy and some are quite light, depends on wood density and to some extent calibre as the barrel wall thickness varies so with the weight, put a good scope in decent mounts on the P-H and see how it shoots. A 243 should not be uncomfortable in recoil so if it's too long in length of pull (Butt length) as was the case with my 1200V in 6mm Rem I had the recoil pad changed to a thinner one rather than have the wood cut.

As far as I am concerned plastic stocks are a cheap fashion trend, cheap because they are cheap to make and sold expensively make the manufacturers lot's of profit. However it's your rifle so ...........................................................:shy:
Go Get them Floyd!

gitano

Welcome Coleton! It's nice to have a fellow a young as 11 on board here at THL.

I think your suggestion about a composite stock is a good one. That way, you can preserve the original stock for later in your life as you grow into it physically, and maybe emotionally too.

The .243 is a great cartridge for a young big game hunter, and that one will be a special rifle for you. Good for you and your Dad, and good luck hunting with it. Keep us posted here on how things go as you make this rifle 'your own'.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

sakorick

Quote from: gitano;82309Welcome Coleton! It's nice to have a fellow a young as 11 on board here at THL.

I think your suggestion about a composite stock is a good one. That way, you can preserve the original stock for later in your life as you grow into it physically, and maybe emotionally too.

The .243 is a great cartridge for a young big game hunter, and that one will be a special rifle for you. Good for you and your Dad, and good luck hunting with it. Keep us posted here on how things go as you make this rifle 'your own'.

Paul

Hello Coleton. Paul is right on the money....as usual. This is a special rifle and you will cherish it and probably your grandchildren will too! You may only be 11 years old but you are verry smart as you found a great place in the cyberworld to learn about firearms. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Tags: