controlled chaos bullets

Started by farmboy, February 03, 2016, 06:19:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmboy

Paul I may have found your way to make your manic number out of you 17 predator. These are 18 grain bullets turned on a c+c lathe they have three pedals that break off upon impact with wet tissue. They are recommended for 2000 to 4200 fps. I wrote to them and asked if they could be pushed faster the answer was I could not push them to fast. They are a bit spendy but not as bad as one might think I think I read this morning they are twenty three us dollars. The company name is Lehigh defence. Google them and let us know what you think. They look somewhat like CCI segmented hollow point 22 shells which I have not tried but two of my friends tell me it takes a 22 to the next level in killing power. Warmest regards Tom

farmboy

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

We had a look at them quite a while back, still waiting for my sample...:greentongue:
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

gitano

I didn't recall that I was sending you some, j0e_bl0ggs, but that's not a problem. I can't recall at the moment whether I have actually loaded them in the .17 Predator or not. I lost interest in that rifle pretty quickly after it was built and I went through the reloading paces. I'll get it to the range here later this month or next. Might as well shoot some of those Lehigh bullets if I haven't already. (I'll have to check my reloading notes.)

We looked at another bullet maker called "Woodchuck Den" if I remember correctly. Got a sample from him too. Most of the custom bullet makers avoid making .17 caliber bullets because they are difficult to get consistent weights and shapes. Having tried my had at jacketed bullet manufacture, I can appreciate that.

Thanks for thinking of me, farmboy!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: