New guy

Started by blaster1, May 07, 2009, 08:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blaster1

Greetings to all! I originally found this site looking for some info on a rifle cartridge my son found. (German, 1943). Having spent 20 years as a LEO and about to retire after 20 years in the military and being a hunter, I have a great love for shooting all kinds of weapons. And learning about them. This seemed like a good place to be. I'll look forward to checking out the forums and meeting some new folks.

blaster1

Tnhunter

Welcome aboard from another FNG and fellow Army retiree! Where abouts are you living now? An avid hunter here as well, wanting to make up for more than a few missed seasons.:biggthumpup:

Jamie.270

And a friendly howdy to both of you!
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

recoil junky

Welcome blaster1. Good to have you.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

davidlt89

welcome aboard!!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

sakorick

Well, I spent 36 years in the military and have no idea what a LEO is so I'll take a guess....Law Enforcement? Welcome aboard and thanks for your service. Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

blaster1

Quote from: sakorick;92630Well, I spent 36 years in the military and have no idea what a LEO is so I'll take a guess....Law Enforcement? Welcome aboard and thanks for your service. Regards, Rick.

Good guess Rick. LEO is Law Enforcement Officer. Actually I'll be retiring from the military around the first of September this year. It's been quite a ride but it's time to head in a new direction.

blaster1

Quote from: Tnhunter;92619Welcome aboard from another FNG and fellow Army retiree! Where abouts are you living now? An avid hunter here as well, wanting to make up for more than a few missed seasons.:biggthumpup:

We make our home in the State of Washington. btw, I've had me some times in Tennessee.

TackyDriver

Hey Blaster1 and welcome. You're getting in with a nice bunch of people. Enjoy your "transition". I won't say retirement because it sounds like you have a good number of miles left on the odometer. I just got back into hunting a few years back myself. Let us know what you think about how hunting has changed now from when you were last able to pursue it without distraction.
It would be a shame to waste a perfectly good mistake by not learning from it.

Tags: