B-B guns & English Sparrows

Started by bowhunter 51, December 23, 2007, 03:37:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gitano

Quotegetting out and "seeing" is enough
If you have a Hunter's eye, "getting out and seeing" IS hunting.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Fieldmor77

I did notice on my recent outback trip that the House Sparrows were alive and well in the smaller regional towns i passed through, it seems that there numbers have only declined in the big citys.
As for the indian mynas, it's as if my yard is a no fly zone, and i suspect that my two resident Magpies may have a hand in that as well, the Mynas have a distinct call which sends me  into "action stations" mode, they roost at night in large groups, and late one afternoon recently a group of eleven birds settled in the pines up the back, but by the time i unlocked the safe and got the airgun out they had moved on.

gitano

Quotethe Mynas have a distinct call which sends me into "action stations" mode,
:MOGRIN::biggthumpup:

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Jorge in Oz

Quote from: gitano;116369You should start a 'feeding program' for them Fieldmor77. Get them to start coming in to regular food, then 'lower the boom' on them.

I am impressed to hear that Australia has essentially "won the war" against house sparrows. It's tough to get rid of "exotics" once they are established.

With precious few exceptions, I have a real bad attitude toward free-ranging (feral) "exotics".

Paul

Not in Victoria they are a pest the sparrows but I'm on my way down toput a dint in the population. Starlings are a problem also.
"The Germans brought the best hunting rifle to the war. The Americans brought the best target rifle. The British brought the best battle rifle!"

"The early church was married to poverty, prisons and persecutions. Today, the church is married to prosperity, personality, and popularity." ― Leonard Ravenhill

Tags: