Fish'n Hole

Started by buckshot roberts, November 29, 2011, 03:03:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

:D
How many of ya’ll have a favorite fishing spot, I have or had this five mile area of the Redbird river, I would spend all day just wading, around that river hooking Bluegill, all three of the Sunfishes, Rock Bass, or AKA (Redeye’s around these parts), Smallmouth Bass and Rainbow Trout that the state would dump in once a year, and 9/11 I hooked my limit by just letting my hook drag down through some the little river rapids. This past September I took a load of Bibles and school supplies down to The Red Bird Mission.
I was going to stop in at mom’s an get some good old’ home cooking before heading back north, I had a few hours so I got one of my old sears rod and reels an drove out to my spot, I didn’t need to stop off for any worms, I just took an old coffee cup and moved around in some old dead leaves and got some fine red worms , you won’t find these boys at Wal-Mart. It felt good after a four hour drive to get in that cool water, and get a line wet,
anything I hooked would be put back today, no Trout, or Smallmouth, a few Bluegill and some Rock Bass, I hooked this small cat that I took as a very large Rock Bass until I pulled him in
………..Not a bad few hours, I’m looking to take time and drive down a few time next year ..Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

RatherBHuntin

Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Alboy

3 or 4 more that size will make a good meal for two with leftovers for the cat. Looks like a great day to me.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

gitano

Simple pleasures are the best. Unfortunately while 'simple', they are fading fast. Was a time when this would have been the haunt of kids. Today, it is the haunt of "old men" (I include myself there) seeking to find 'a way back'. I envy you this 'simple pleasure'.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

bowhunter 51

Yep!....got several spots like that one within a few miles of my home....I thank
my lucky stars for them.......Ain't got no trout here tho............................BH51.......
**********God Bless America**********
>>>>-----------Live to Hunt--------------->>
>>>>-----There is no off season--------->>

davidlt89

sure do have a couple spots like that. I grew up by two different rivers. used to walk way up in the woods beside one, get in a wade down to where it dumped into the other one. I used to do this twice a day sometimes, and I usually did it at least 5 days a week. Primary catch was brook trout and the limit was 10. we had an "awful" pile of fish in the freezer. there were still some left after spending 4 years in the navy and coming back:grin:. Other than hunt, there was nothing I would of rather of been doing than wading that river! A person also needed to know where he was walking or he might end up "over his head" in a few places! learned that the hard the way:happy:. I also had a brook I would fish quite a bit, but have not been there in a long time. When I moved out of my hometown, 20 miles away, I started fishing a stream and still do so today. In fact, I started taking my oldest boy there this year. He thought it was the cats pajamas!!! when I was in college I used to go there almost every night during the summer from about 4:00 till 9:00 with the fly rod, it was really peaceful.
As Paul stated though, sadly I don't see any kids at all "fishing" nowadays, most of the people I see are old enough to be my dad!!!! I certainly don't want my boys missing out on that, and if they are fishing, then I know where they are!!! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Tags: