Little bit of fishing with the kids!

Started by davidlt89, May 05, 2013, 11:20:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

davidlt89

Headed out to my uncles pond today with my 3 boys, and two other friends! one friend brought his 3 kids and the other friend brought his son. The action is not fast and furious right now but the fish were biting. Every kid got fish except my 5 year old, but he lost 2 and he was happy with that. I think the biggest was about 12"!!!

Got done there and went to my dads and got about 80 something traps that he is not using anymore. a lot of Oneida victor traps, 4's, 14's, 3's, and some other traps by another company. Gonna see what i can get on ebay for them!!

Below is the days catch, 24 total! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

gitano

Man! A 'boatload' of brookies!

WONDERFUL!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Vermonster

Ah, northern Maine brookies....Gotta love them!  Just cook up some fiddleheads to go with them, and you're all set...... :yes:

JaDub

OK.........    I`ll bite.    Fiddleheads ??

gitano

The "spring buds" of ferns. They are coiled and look like the head of a violin. If picked just as they come out, they are quite tasty when poached, blanched, or par-boiled.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

davidlt89

I boil them until you can drink them with a straw!!! of course I add my butter first.
refer to this post:
http://www.thehunterslife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16364&highlight=fiddleheads

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

JaDub

Well I`ll be gosh derned...........   fiddleheads.   That`s a new one on me.   You mentioned `cleaning` ...........    piece of wood and some chickenwire.................  ?

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

davidlt89

QuoteYou mentioned `cleaning` ........... piece of wood and some chickenwire
sorry I missed this!!! essentially I just make a big "sifter" with chicken wire. I put the fiddleheads in and roll them around. they have a brownish dry little covering on some parts of them and that comes off and goes through the chicken wire, just leaving the fiddlehead!!! Right now I have the cleaner over 4 skulls buried in the garden, the cleaner has multiple purposes!!! God Bless.

Vermonster

I like the sifter idea. We just kinda run them between our hands, and toss them in the air a few times. That light brown papery stuff just blows away usually.

BTW David, reading last year's post, you mentioned that you don't think they're heard of outside of your area, but they are actually quite popular throughout New England.  I picked them all the time in Vermont.  Wish I could get them out here, actually.

gitano

Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Tags: