Busted again.......

Started by Antler3, December 12, 2005, 12:31:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antler3

Little late gettin' in the woods this morning. I was slippin' down an ol' loggin' road, just fixin' to break over the ridge, when a squirrel ratted me out. Down in front of me about 60 yards came a good size buck. He came from under the hill below me out onto the ol' road I was walking in on. He turned and ran down the road in front of me about 100 yards stopped behind some brush and looked back. I didn't move and finally he blew three times and continued on around the road. I gave him some time then eased on down. When I got to the bottom of the hill where the road turns left and starts back up i heard him a good distance up from me blowing again. I tracked him right down his ol' rubline and past my ground blind. I left a scent trail as I made my way on to my blind. Hung some scent pads up and hunted until around noon. Never saw anything else. Maybe he will mosey back through sometime tonight and get a nose full of the scent and be looking around tomorrow morning. I'll be there a little earlier in the morning :o .
ANTLER 3

Daryl (deceased)

Good luck Antler3!  Hope you get him.

:)

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

buckshot roberts

;) Sorry about that antler3, hope you get him, I hate to be ratted out to, but I do try and go back and get them, sometimes I do, so if a Sq, rat's me out, I put a hit out on him, LOL, he well be sleep'n with the tate'rs.

;) Good luck and i hope you get a big'n, I missed doe, on my first B/P hunt, but i'll get back out in a day or two, I had to see the VA Doctor today, be safe.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Jay Edward (deceased)

Well, I do more of an 'intercept' type hunt and have had the little furry creatures announce my presence many times.  Part of the hunt, I reckon.

I could be wrong but it seems like there is a speed you can move through the woods that pushes the squirrels out of the way and yet doesn't get them to chattering so much.  Hunting downhill seems to work better than the reverse.  I haven't done any 'study' on it but it just seems that way more often than not.

Antler3

Yes Jay I do agree with you. The slower I go with frequent stops seems to make them chatter more. When I pick up the pace just a little and stay steady they just run out of the way. Didn't see anything this morning, wind changed direction from yesterday, might have something to do with it. I'll not give up on him for awhile yet, will just try and not disturb the area and put too much pressure on him. If you don't mind I'd like to hear about your way of hunting....intercept?
ANTLER 3

Tags: