antelope score

Started by JaDub, October 09, 2017, 01:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JaDub

Just came back from our antelope hunt last nite. Jackalope, Hunterbug and I had a successful hunt filling both tags. Best part about it was we beat the nasty rain, wind and snow storm by minutes , literally. Hunterbug was there with us even tho he didn`t have a tag......... he was there for moral support and a bit of " spirit consumption ".

Karl bagged his on opening day and I followed on Sunday. Saturday the place was crawling with hunters but Sunday it was like a ghost town........ which included the antelope. After many stalks I managed to close within 180 yards and put one down.........DRT. Love that 7m rem mag, yes I do. :smiley:

I will also say that the Harris bipod I installed worked like a champ. After the antelope added about 50 yards to where she was when she caught sight of me, she made the fatal mistake of stopping and turning around to have a look at me.

Big mistake. She was pretty much facing me with a tiny quartering angle, I drilled her thru the front of the right shoulder and out just in front of the left  rear quarter. It was a very tough narrow angle shot but the bipod, with me in a prone position , made it possible.

For a shaky old man like me the bipod is worth it`s weight in gold. I bought the one that goes from 12 inches up to about 20 inches. Spendy, but works great. I highly recommend it.

sakorick

Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Hunterbug

My 94 year old grandfather got his on Saturday morning by 0745. Then Krackalope got his on Saturday evening. We didn't get any pictures of his. Here is my Grandfather and JaDub with theirs. There is also a picture of Krackalope with JaDub's antelope.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

sakorick

Quote from: Hunterbug;149236My 94 year old grandfather got his on Saturday morning by 0745. Then Krackalope got his on Saturday evening. We didn't get any pictures of his. Here is my Grandfather and JaDub with theirs. There is also a picture of Krackalope with JaDub's antelope.

Great hunt ....wished I was there!!
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

recoil junky

Good to see Dale is still showing the kids how it's done!!

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

JaDub

As you can see, there wasn`t much to hide behind.

Great trip with good friends.  Two thumbs up, Grandpaw Dale !!

recoil junky

I woulda hid behind Dale. Game can't see him.

RJ
When you go afield, take the kids and please......................................wear your seatbelts.
Northwest Colorado.............Where the wapiti roam and deer and antelope run amuck. :undecided:  
Proud father of a soldier medic in The 82nd Airborne 325th AIR White Falcons :army:

JaDub

Got that right.  Problem there was , Dale was outta there by 7:45 in the morning !

gitano

That's some mighty fine eatin'!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Hunterbug

Quote from: JaDubGot that right. Problem there was , Dale was outta there by 7:45 in the morning !

He did have a pretty good guide. :biggthumpup:
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

JaDub

AND......    the price was right !:bowdown:

ShooterScott

I would love to have some of that meat!
Ex truck driver, part time mailman, part time blogger

JaDub

Good stuff , indeed .  
 \
     Now if we could only get these guys up around 100 #s.....

Tags: