Just got a new Muzzleloader

Started by Antler3, October 16, 2005, 07:44:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Antler3

My old Thompson Center Arms Scout 50 cal. was playing the bullets pretty bad this year when tried it out. So missing opening morning , went to town and bought A Thompson Center Arms Omega 50 Cal. I really like it ! Alot easier to load too ! Right out of the box. hit the bullseye ! Didn't even have to sight it in. I was shooting 2 powder pellets at 50 grain each with a powerbelt 245 grain bullet. They tell me with three 50 grain powder pellets It will shoot out to 200 yards. Can use the sabot bullets too....will just have to experiment around with it. But I don't ever get a 200 yard shot in these hills that I hunt ,so what it is doing now is great with me. Good luck folks ! :D
ANTLER 3

quigleysharps4570

Antler3

ANTLER 3

quigleysharps4570

:)  Good luck with that new fangled thing. :)

Antler3

Well thankee much ! I know what your talking bout though....yep I do....I was really unsure about the idea. I sure was attached to my old muzzleloader. But after I got it and shot it WOW ! What a difference. So much easier to load and faster too. It really is alot nicer than my old Scout, to use, that is ;). I still like my old muzzleloader, It was with me when I took my biggest buck so far ( 11 point ). Hard to part with a friend like that ;).
ANTLER 3

Alboy

Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Stryker

My brother and I bought one for our dad last year. He's a south paw and had been using a T/C New Englander for the last 15 years. He liked it, but the lock was always rightin front of his face. It wouldn't be my first choice, I like the tradiotional aspect of BP, but my dad was tickled pink with the omega. He took a nice doe with it this weekend.
- Mark

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wonderng if they made a difference. The MARINES don\'t have that problem."
- President Ronald Reagan 1985

Big Red Trike

My buddies all shoot Omega's and they have sub 1.5 groups at 200 yards shooting 130 grains of 777. Good choice ya can't go wrong.

Colorado

I'm just finishing up regulation on my first double rifle build in this cartridge.   I'm really impressed with its potential.  I'm using 82 grains of RL15 and a 480 grain Woodliegh bullet.  This is producing 2050FPS and about 4600FPE, basically a full on nitro load good for elephant and such.  I'm building it for a feller who wants to hunt cape buff in Africa next year.  

Recoil is horrific, and I can only manage about 5 shots before my head hurts to much to shoot anymore.   But its a hunting gun only, so one can live with it.

I really like it though, fast handling, and a tack driver.

Colorado

Tags: