sav17

Just picked this up and boy its a a goodun !2ft lbs legal UK

zeroing it in

first three shots

first shot in the field

Your friend "Richie"
happiness is a critter in the crosshairs

22hornet

Nice rifle Richie. Got to love those P.C.P.'s.
I take it you have done some air rifle hunting before.
What calibre is it? What velocities are you looking at to get 12ft/lbs?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

sav17

hiya hornet
In the UK air rifle is normaly your introduction to hunting got my first (a BSA airsporter at 9 years of age to far back to wish to remember :biggthumpup: ) progressed to centre fire but situation,s in my life at the moment (long story ) demanded a return to the air rifle and to be honest I,m loving every minute of it
Its a .22 calibre at 12 ft lbs velocitie changes with the pellet used so I cant answer that question sorry al I can say is it drops rabbits at up to 35 yards and that wil do for me :biggthumpup:

Your friend "Richie"
happiness is a critter in the crosshairs

gitano

Richie,

Very cool looking air rifle! And very effective, clearly. Killing rabbits at 35 yds is no mean feat for a "pellet gun".

I don't understand a couple of references to the 12 ft-lbs. Is that some UK minimum requirement for small game?

Using the RWS .22 cal Super Point at 14.5 grains, the muzzle energy is 12 ft-lbs at a muzzle velocity of only 620 f/s. I'm guessing your rifle is faster than that. At 850 f/s, a modest MV for 'modern' air rifles, the muzzle energy would be 23 ft-lbs for that same pellet.

Are those bunnies by your seaside home, or do you have to travel to get them? Looking forward to seeing what ladysav will turn that rabbit into!

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

22hornet

Quote from: gitano;98781Using the RWS .22 cal Super Point at 14.5 grains, the muzzle energy is 12 ft-lbs at a muzzle velocity of only 620 f/s. I'm guessing your rifle is faster than that. At 850 f/s, a modest MV for 'modern' air rifles, the muzzle energy would be 23 ft-lbs for that same pellet.

That M/V does seem slow? :undecided:  But if it works, and it does, no problem!

Richie, what is the maximum range you would take a shot at a rabbit with this rifle?
"Belief:" faith in something taught, as opposed to "knowledge:" which is awareness borne of experience.

gitano

What's P.C.P.? Other than an illicit hallucinogen?

How is this arm charged? "Canned" air or is it a pump that I can't see?

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Brithunter

Ahhh Gitano and others let me try to help you understand the stupidity of our laws.

Any air rifle that produces more than 12 ftlbs of muzzle energy is legally a firearm and then require a Fire Arms Certificate (FAC= Licence) . Rabbiting with an air rifle is a very common thing here and with the right rifle and pellet clean kills are achieved up to 45 yards.

P.C.P = Pre Charged Pneumatic.

They are charged by either a Stirrup pump or more commonly from a divers bottle and a lot of gunshops offer this charging service.

Air pistols are limited to 6ftlbs muzzle energy.

I am not up to speed with the fairly new Crime Reduction Bill :eek:  which of course does not and cannot reduce crime as criminals just don't obey the law and that's something which governments just don't seem to be able to comprehend. However the crime reduction bill covers the sale and age limits for owning, using and buying air guns.
Go Get them Floyd!

gitano

Yikes! I'll have to redo my calculations. I'm sure I miscalculated those MEs.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

noel

here in Canada if the m/v is over 500ft/sec you require a P.A.L.(possesion accquisition licence)
Better to have a gun and not need it, than to need a gun and not have it!
member;National Fiirearms Assocciation
Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
gun owners of Canada
North American Hunting Club

gitano

I recalculated them and got the same numbers:

14.5-grain pellet - 620 f/s = 12 ft-lbs.

14.5-grain pellet - 850 f/s = 23 ft-lbs.

17-grain pellet - 565 f/s = 12 ft-lbs

17-grain pellet - 850 f/s = 27 ft-lbs

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: