My last month

Started by Lost Hunta, July 08, 2006, 06:22:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lost Hunta

Well July will be my last full month before i ship out on August 8th for the US Army (active)
I at least get to turn 18 the 21st beforehand... can't wait sometimes.
"Cari" my M4 carbine

RatherBHuntin

What's this..US Army?  Well good on ya.  When did this happen, did I miss something or just forget, both are extremely possible?  Where you going for Basic and what's your MOS going to be?  Do you know your first duty station?  It's a wonderful thing you're doing, and a noble calling.  I hope you get as much out of it as I have.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Lost Hunta

I enlisted late June, this is the first time i've made the news public. I'll be going to Ft. Benning Georgia and im 11X Infantry. No idea where i'll be stationed though.
"Cari" my M4 carbine

Alboy

Joining the Queen of battle.

Good luck son. Follow Forrest Gumps lead while in basic and do exactly what the drill sargeant says, life is better that way.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

knuckledragger

Good luck my friend, it says a lot about a man's character signing up at times like these.  After 20 years as an Infantryman, the best advice I can give you is listen to your NCO's and you'll do just fine; by now, they've all been there and done that.

Alboy, I haven't heard someone else use that term in a long term.  

KD
Not everyone gets a trophy.

RatherBHuntin

I was introduced to that term at the same time I heard the term King of Battle at Ft Sill, many years back.  Saw the actual sign at Benning for the first time just a couple months ago.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

Alboy

KD

I have been around a long time

Lost Hunta

What KD said +1, GOOD LUCK AGAIN FROM ME SON.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

Lost Hunta

Just a little more than a week left now.
"Cari" my M4 carbine

RatherBHuntin

Put aside one day to sleep just as long as you like....might be awhile before you can do that again.
Glenn

Ronald Reagan

Alboy

Now there is some good advice.
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

knuckledragger

Good luck and hang tough.  Post that graduation pic in a few months.  
Semper Fi, KD
Not everyone gets a trophy.

Lost Hunta

eh i've been doing that.
"Cari" my M4 carbine

RatherBHuntin

In that case get out do some pushups, work on them abs and get a couple miles in every morning:mad: And get used to drinking water, lots of it.  Ft Bening's a might warm and humid this time of year.
Glenn

Ronald Reagan

Lost Hunta

yea thats what i hear. I leave this tuesday.
"Cari" my M4 carbine

sakorick

Hello LH. I read all the posts because I am a retired Field Grade Army Officer and did not comment since nothing that I would have said would have made any sense to you. Now that you are in and found my post, you have joined the "band of brothers". You are special and I will think of you often. I know you will get this as the internet has found it's way into BT. Work hard and try your best to qualify expert on the range and just be the the best you can be in thought, word and deed. My thoughts and prayers are with you....please keep us posted. Warmest regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

M1Garand

Jeez, I wish I'd seen this sooner....good luck and make the most of it.  I went through boot camp as an 11x 19 years ago at Ft. Benning on Sand Hill, E co 1/19.  I still remember those days fondly.  But it won't seem like it at the time!  I have a lot of respect for you and think more of our youth should look at signing.  It was one of the best choices I ever made.

Tags: