Turkey season '2010'

Started by buckshot roberts, March 22, 2010, 03:23:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

:smiley: In just a few weeks it'll be turkey season, 2010 man and how the years have gone by. The only new items I'll be using this season is the "squealing hen" call, I have not used anykind of call the past few seasons, so I'm looking forward to using it, I have some new ammo,

paper hull shotshells for www.rstshells.com, in #5's ,

they gave my old savage's new life in patterns.
This past week I done some pre season scouting and found that they are still using the same area I hunted this past season.

I spent one sunny afternoon set up some blind out of old tree branches three in set up,10 yard kill zone from this one spot

around spots were my game camera was set up, fixed up my old dusting spot for them to use and found they have taken to it, and some other very good news is this:eek: white one ?

that has show up this season.
what your game plan.......Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Vermonster

Nice photos Buckshot.... My season is just a few DAYS away..... :biggthumpup:

good luck to you this year.... :smiley:

kyhareraiser

nice pics,look's like you have it goin on. bought one of the squealin' hen calls too! anxious to see how it works. lot's of scratchin's goin' on in the hills so there must be some birds arround.can't wait till opener

davidlt89

I was thinking of skipping turkey season this year just because of the drive, but your not makin' it easy Ron!!!!! Hope you bag one! God bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

dawei

After a 220mile drive I'll set up my Turkey hunting camp on Tues, 04/13. I'll scout some that afternoon, and all day Wednesday. I will hunt the opener 04/15, and an additional three days. I'm ready..............
David
Only two defining forces have ever died for you:
1. Jesus Christ
2. The American Soldier, Sailor, Airman, & Marine
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

kyhareraiser

just wonderin' how y'all are doin' with the squeeling hen call,,,bet they sold a lot of them ,cause i bought one too.only prob is ,i forgot to pack it in my vest ..does it work??

buckshot roberts

:sleeping: not had the time to go out just yet.... as for the new call  nobody I know has used it, looks like I'm the only one who's got one..   looks like season came early , 'bout another week or so them hens will be sitting that will be a very good time to try it....:hanged: been down......even my ol' computer got sick........hope to get running again both of us...........the best of luck............Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

Paul Hoskins

I didn't even get out to turkey hunt this year. When it was dry enough, there was gardening to take care of first and lawns to mow. When it was raining, I didn't want to get out. ......Paul H

buckshot roberts

Well it came and went with a big disappointment.....the one guy that let me use one part of his farm, son got mad after seeing the white turkey on my game-cam..........he wonted that spot and moved my blind..........and got to taking my chip out of my game-cam..... well it got to be one big mess.....I just packed of up nd left..........found another farm..........the guy's family came in the week before season opened, and just shoot a lot up.........that and a got sick..........but I'll try again this season..........Ron

CallMaker

Sorry to hear that hunt tanked on you. Hope this year will be better.

Ed
Ed Blankinship

PCBA
http://www.pcba-inc.org/

Tags: