Our annual Pheasant hunt

Started by sakorick, January 06, 2009, 01:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sakorick

We have a tradition that goes back some 30 years....the annual pheasant hunt in NC Kansas. This year the son Eric, various cousins and friends spent 2 1/2 days near Burr Oak, Kansas chasing the wary Chinese transplants.....and of course a platoon of Labs:D . We managed to scratch out 19 Roosters and 13 Quail and had a blast as usual (no lost birds!). We call ourselves the Burr Oak Boys. Here I am with two of the dogs, Annie and Jack.....and of course the prize!!! :D :D Regards, Rick.
Talk to yourself. There are times you need expert advice.

Alboy

Oh man that sounds like fun. To my best recollection that scene is short on at least a foot of snow, having a dry winter?
Alboy
BLACKPOWDER WATERFOWLER
KATY TEXAS PRAIRIE

THIS TOO SHALL PASS

davidlt89

great picture, sounds like a whole lot of fun.
QuoteTo my best recollection that scene is short on at least a foot of snow, having a dry winter?
exactly what I was thinking! God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

Paul Hoskins

Good hunting Rick. There used to be a bunch of guy's in my area that went to Kansas every year chasing birds but most have gone to that other hunting ground. Thanks for sharing.    .........Paul H

M. R. Byrd

Rick, that is an awesome hunt on those Kansas birds. Unfortunately, I have not been in the field much this year, but will chase quail and pheasant this weekend with friends from Dallas.
Maynard Reece Byrd
Dodge City

gitano

Pretty birds there Rick! I LOVE upland bird hunting, but don'e get to do it much up here. I may get out htis week with a buddy for some ptarmigan, but something usually finds a way to thwart my efforts.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Tags: