Marooned on a desert Island......pick you firearm!

Started by kombi1976, December 24, 2008, 04:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which firearm would you take if marooned on a desert island?

mall calibre pistol
1 (2.3%)
arge calibre pistol
0 (0%)
ingle shot or bolt action rimfire rifle
2 (4.7%)
ump, lever or semi auto rimfire rifle
1 (2.3%)
ingle shot or bolt action centrefire rifle
9 (20.9%)
ump, lever or semi auto centrefire rifle
10 (23.3%)
hotgun
12 (27.9%)
lack powder long arm
0 (0%)
imfire/shotgun combination
3 (7%)
entrefire/shotgun combination/drilling/veirling
5 (11.6%)

Total Members Voted: 33

jesusgecko

No,  just worked out cheaper than going to a dominatrix bar.
Normality is for the weak.

kombi1976

lmao :MOGRIN:
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

babbyc1000

ah ill just stick with a mossberg 500 12ga, should cover most eventualities
Dont worry, I have a cunning plan...

hello

lever action 44-40 for large island. ruger gp 100 357 for small island. 50 beowulf ar15 for australia sized island

kombi1976

Ever been to Oz?
I'd LOVE you to visit and bring one of those for me to play with. :D
The authorities mightn't see it our way though. :undecided:
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

hello

yup, well we have the best stuff here in the US of A. unfortunatly i cant have the ar in california but id love to get one someday when hopefully ill live in a state where those are legal. ive always loved revolvers though. cant stand most autos. and the 44-40, that is the most beastly hunting rifle ever in my opinion. its range is fairly limited but itll take out anything you can point it at

hello

i had a thought. for a small desert island, you wont see large animals. mostly birds and whatnot. so a 20 guage 22 over under is perfect. everything i picked is overkill, although we americans do like overkill

hello

thought again, id want an scar H /m203 for multiporpose (pirates)

jesusgecko

How about a cannon large enough to shoot coconuts at canibalistic natives,  or canibalistic natives at pirates.
Normality is for the weak.

oneshot

hmmm. I would choose the 12ga shotgun, probably an 870 or Mossberg 500 with rifle sights. Sometimes simplicity is best.  The ammunition choice would me 4 shot  #2 buckshot  and  Breneke slugs .  Most "desert Islands bring to mind tropical foliage which would not give many long range shots.  The 4 shot would handle the small game.  The #2 buckshot the medeum and the slugs the more "dangerous stuff".
It will all come out in the wash...I hope.

buckshot roberts

We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

chainsaw

Would rather have lots of strike anywhere matches and a sharp axe,but that wasn't an option.I chose a shotgun,only if I had plenty of water proof ammo though.

GHorne

I would have to have my trusty bolt action 375 H&H mag. I have shot little critters and big bad stuff with it.  There are other ways to take birds. Do not forget a good blade.

habsfan70

Tags: