OK. What am I doing wrong?

Started by ShootinPeter, November 01, 2013, 03:14:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShootinPeter

I go into ANY forum and all I can see are the Stickies and one latest post.

I haven't tried ALL the forums but take RELOADING - eight Stickies and one post "Attention 8mm Shooters".
No Next page, No pages in forum.

Clearly I haven't (re)set an option somewhere?:frown
"I became aware of somebody coughing softly at my side, like a respectful sheep trying to catch the attention of its shepherd" P.G. Wodehouse :bowdown:(Thank you, Jeeves)

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Log out for a short while please Peter.
Turvey Stalking
Learn from the Limeys or the Canucks, or the Aussies, or the Kiwis, or the...
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

davidlt89

Peter,
   go into user/cp, find "setting options", then "edit options" (both are on the left side of the screen) then scroll down till you see "thread display mode", should be able to fix the problem there. God Bless.
Romans 12:2

2 Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.

ShootinPeter

Went through both suggestions.
No change :confused:
"I became aware of somebody coughing softly at my side, like a respectful sheep trying to catch the attention of its shepherd" P.G. Wodehouse :bowdown:(Thank you, Jeeves)

ShootinPeter

Went through both suggestions.

I note this in the Welcome Forum which has 490+ posts
QuoteThere have been no posts in the last 1 days in this forum.
                Try using the controls below to search for any older posts that may exist.
So it has something to do with a date setting?
My computer has the correct date & time, BTW.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

There is a random problem occurring here, your settings appear ok.
Clear your cache and cookies regarding THL and see if that helps - it is sometimes enough to put it back on the rails.
Turvey Stalking
                   "The ONLY reason to register a firearm is for future confiscation - How can it serve ANY other purpose?"

ShootinPeter

Nope.
Cache & cookies cleared.
Situation remains :(

ShootinPeter

I'm now using Google Chrome and problem still there.

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

There are a lot of 'database errors' showing up, have no real answer apart from persevere as we do look for the 'held' posts.
Turvey Stalking

Jamie.270

Quote from: ShootinPeter;128791Went through both suggestions.
Just to double check,...
After you changed the settings, did you go to the bottom of the page and click the "Save Changes" button?

Cuz if you didn't, it won't make a difference.
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

To believe otherwise is folly. --  Me

Jamie.270

Well Peter?  Any change/progress?
QuoteRestrictive gun laws that leave good people helpless, don\'t have the power to render bad people harmless.

RatherBHuntin

Peter,
This is the way mine has always been setup, if you dont mind, check yours again and see if it matches. This screen is at
User CP / Settings and Options / Edit Options /
and as was said, don't forget to Save Changes
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

ShootinPeter

Quote from: RatherBHuntin;128825Peter,
This is the way mine has always been setup, if you dont mind, check yours again and see if it matches. This screen is at
User CP / Settings and Options / Edit Options /
and as was said, don't forget to Save Changes
Ah Ha! RBH :bowdown:
That's sorted it now :yes:

Thanks for the tip.  Puzzled why it must have changed tho :huh2:

New thread ... ?
I tried to add a question to http://thehunterslife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17120 and got the usual message about authorisation.
But nothing.
I've trodden on some one's toes?

Jamie.270

Quote from: ShootinPeter;128832I tried to add a question to http://thehunterslife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17120 and got the usual message about authorisation.
But nothing.
I've trodden on some one's toes?
No toes trodden that I'm aware of.
It seems to be a bug in the forum software that has affected many of us.
The powers that be are working on it.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
For the time being, I would suggest posters "copy" (as in copy and paste) their post before hitting the "submit reply" button, just in case they need to repost it after getting the "moderator approval" message.

I know that's far from optimum, but it is currently the only option if you don't want that post to evaporate into cyberspace.

RatherBHuntin

Quote from: Jamie.270;128835.....
For the time being, I would suggest posters "copy" (as in copy and paste) their post before hitting the "submit reply" button, just in case they need to repost it after getting the "moderator approval" message.

I know that's far from optimum, but it is currently the only option if you don't want that post to evaporate into cyberspace.

I have had that happen more than once, always on long, well thought out posts....that took a long time to write.   Apparently, the page/site/browser/cyber ghosts would time out while you were writing.  Hasn't happened in a long time, to me.  Sound advice though with copying, will save you a lot of time.
Glenn

"Politics is supposed to be the world\'s second oldest profession.  I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first."
Ronald Reagan

j0e_bl0ggs (deceased)

Those with 'moderator' status could all help by approving posts that are held when they see them.
Turvey Stalking

Tags: