My old squirrel gun

Started by buckshot roberts, September 04, 2014, 05:51:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckshot roberts

I found a long lost friend this week my old Winchester model 37 that I used in my younger squirrel hunting days. My grandfather gave it to me sometime back in the late 60's and it was used a lot by me to take a number of squirrels and other small game over the years as I was growing up. Finding this old squirrelslayer came about while cleaning out one of mom's old sheds I found it wrapped up in an old army blanket along with a small cast iron skillet and a few other camping items, I must have traveled lite in my day. I took that old shotgun out this evening and as hot as it's been I took this squirrel.
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

drinksgin (deceased)

NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

gitano

I was just talking about the Winchester model 37 a couple of days ago. Is it a 12 ga? I notice the old "Cutts Compensator" on the muzzle. I've been reading the book Don sent me a while back, (I can't remember the exact title of it at the moment), written by Sharpe. It's a good read in the context of clarifying "where we came from". I mention this with regard to the Cutts Compensator and "what was 'old' is 'new' again".

I suspect that old gun brought back some very fond memories. You are very fortunate to have been able to use it for the same purpose you used it as a kid.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

buckshot roberts

it's a .12 ga, and it has brought memories, and i was thinking about taking it out and cover some old hunting spots that I've not hunted in a many a year with it, I have no idea how old it is, you run into a few shotguns with Compensators still on them ............................Ron
We got too complicated......It\'s all way over rated....I like the old and out dated way of life........I miss back when..

drinksgin (deceased)

, I never had a Win. shotgun, J.C Higgins, Stevens, Mossberg, Savage, but not Win. In high school, a friend had a Win. 24, 20 ga. 24" IC and M barrels.
It was a dove and quail getter deluxe.
I wanted one, but wound up with a Stevens 311, which I still have.
I really like break barrel guns, I have several , both rifles and shotguns.
NRA life, TSRA life, SAF life, GOA, CCRKBA, DEF -CON

buckshot roberts

:2thumbsup: to me the model 311 is one of the best field shotgun...............Ron

JaDub

Tags: