grayghost

In the end....the Hunter hunts himself

grayghost

grayghost

grayghost

Another Impala

Zebra

Waterbuck

Chobe Bushbuck

grayghost

That's all for now. I have to spend a lot of time with my clients so we can get our dates and flights booked for next year. Although there are some good deals on Lion, Buffalo and Elephant right now, plains game stays about the same (trophy fees). We will have some combo hunts next year for small groups (4-8 Hunters) for one week of bird hunting (upland and waterfowl) and one week of hunting plains game, but plenty of Leopard and the other Big five available. Tanzania has just drastically increased their hunting fees, so for many,  hunting there will be a thing of the past. Zimbabwe still offers the best deal on dangerous game and there are good numbers of plains game in certain areas. I will try to post updates from time to time or you are welcome to email me. Good hunting, grayghost

Shotgunhemi

Wow! Those are some fantastic pictures grayghost. Ive always liked the kudu's, they are massive! Just a quick question, whats the black rubber looking thing around your barrel just ahead of the for-end? Is it a muzzle protector that you slide down after use?
Chris

SSAA DEERSTALKERS CLUB

gitano

QuoteIs it a muzzle protector that you slide down after use?

Since THL has been down so long, it's no telling when grayghost will get back around here. Considering that, I'll answer your question. It's called a "barrel de-resonator", made by Sims, known for their recol pads. It's intended purpose is to damp the vibrations that occurr as a bullet travels down a barrel, thereby improving accuracy. There were lots of rave reviews when they first came out, especially by those that bought them ($15.95).

My biggest complaint is that they are seriously ugly, detracting significantly from the looks of a fine rifle. My second biggest complaint is that as far as I have been able to determine, they have absolutely no effect on down-range precision. My third complaint is that when I contacted the company (via email) to inquire about what factors should be considered when placing the device, I received a very snotty response. As far as I'm concerned, that's "three strikes" for the Sims "Barrel De-Resonator".

Your mileage may vary.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

Shotgunhemi

Thanks for the input Paul :)
Chris

SSAA DEERSTALKERS CLUB

AZ Shooter Gal

what is that black thingie on your rifle barrel??

Hunterbug

Quote from: AZ Shooter Gal;77306what is that black thingie on your rifle barrel??

It's a barrel deresonator. Gitano gave the whole "in depth" answer as he is incluned to do, ;) in post #37.
Ask not what your government can do for you. Ask how your government can go away and get out of your life.

The unarmed man is is not only defenseless, he is also contemptible.
Niccolo Machiavelli

grayghost

Sorry for the slow reply everyone. Aside from downtime, I've been attending some of the Safari conventions and getting everyone ready for the Argentina/New Zealand & African hunting seasons. If Zimbabwe doesn't blow up (and right now it's doing OK) I'll return in a couple of months for Leopard and plains game. We're entering an un-hunted area in Mozambique this summer, so if the camp gets finished, I'll be in Niassa and the Zambezi Delta this September. Was hoping to hunt Buffalo in the Delta but we sold out before I could get my own Buff license. I should be able to find one of the trophy Sable and Bushbuck that are running around in Niassa however. Maybe next year I can hunt Buffalo.
Good luck with anyone drawing for a tag here at home this year.
Grayghost

joeberman334

amazing....getting me pumped up

Bushwack

Hi Grayghost, very nice pics. South Africa is a excellent country to hunt about 26 species of plains game. Excellent trophies in the Kudu and Blesbuck categories...

Cheers

web: bushwacksafaris.co.za
Dream it...Discover it...Experience it...

Bushwack

Antler3

Nice pictures,  enjoyed them ....
ANTLER 3

Tags: