reloading component shortage

Started by latigomeans, November 19, 2009, 05:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

latigomeans

greetings fellow shooters, reloaders. I would like to try to find out the real reason we have such a hard time finding brass, bullets, and powder. Winchester tells me that they supplied 500,000 .325wsm cases last year. This year they have 800,000 cases backordered. This sounds fishy to me. Doe the government want us to quit shooting and sell our guns?
Latigomeans

Daryl (deceased)

QuoteI would like to try to find out the real reason we have such a hard time finding brass, bullets, and powder.

So would I, along with a bunch of others here.

But my belief is that it has more to do with greed than the government.

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

gitano

QuoteI would like to try to find out the real reason we have such a hard time finding brass, bullets, and powder.
Emphasis mine.

I'm quite sure The Hunter's Life isn't the place to get that answer.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

old man ken

lots of my shooting buddies this side of the pond are covinced of two things,
1) prices and availability of factory rounds and reloading components are on the rise continually and sporadic in availability.
2) The Police dont' want any firearms to be held by legitimate users, always seem new new hoops to jump through.
omk

gitano

I'm wiht Daryl on the government 'conspiracy' theory. I don't have the faith that they are capable of conducting an effective covert plan. Overt; now that's a different story.

Paul
Be nicer than necessary.

chris112

Started with bambam getting elected. Lots of gun owners "thought" "oh oh won't be able to get ammo or components by this time next year" . So they started buying every round of ammo and as much reloading components as they can lay their hands on. Result; bare shelves, and prices go up.
After a while scalpers start noticing, so they start bying a stores entire stock for resale. Reslut; shelves stay bare for a while longer, and prices stay up for a while longer.
Eventually; the hoarders have all they can use for years tucked away  so stop buying, and the stores stop selling their entire stock to one person (rationing) which makes the scalpers mad but is some thing the rest of their customers can live with (grudgingly in many cases). As the factories continues running at full capacity the shortage will ease.

Brasco20

Im with paul and daryl.   Also might be the war in part, probably a number of things combined.  But who knows?   Things seem to be getting a bit better around here.

Tags: