What is happening with the site access?

Started by Brithunter, August 17, 2006, 12:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brithunter

Hi All,

Again on Wednesday evening GMT I could not access the site and got an error message. This is happening several times a week not it seems :confused:  anyone know what is going on?
Go Get them Floyd!

Daryl (deceased)

I couldn't access the site all yesterday afternoon/evening.  That's the first time in a while, but it's happened before.  Certainly not several times a week?

I'm really not sure what's up, but I suspect a problem with the server occured.  We're back up now though, so lets hope for the best!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

Brithunter

Hi Daryl,

Well I am sorry to say that this is the third time in a week this has happened to me :o .
Go Get them Floyd!

Daryl (deceased)

Hmm....

Wonder what's up with that?  Might be a router between you and the server, but I'm really not sure how all that works.

Hope it gets better though!

Daryl
A government that abrogates any of the Bill of Rights, with or without majoritarian approval, forever acts illegitimately, becomes tyrannical, and loses the moral right to govern-Jeffrey Snyder

RIP Linden33

kombi1976

I'm afraid it's ditto for me too.
I couldn't get on at all yesterday.
That and the speed that the pages load, even on my father-in-law's computer who has cable, is VERY slow.
It wasn't always.
These days though I can open 10 other links in the time it takes a thread to open here.
Any clues?
Cheers & God Bless
22lr ~ 22 Hornet ~ 25-20 ~ 303/25 ~ 7mm-08 ~ 303 British ~ 310 Cadet ~ 9.3x62 ~ 450/400 N.E. 3"

Daryl (deceased)

Quote from: kombi1976I'm afraid it's ditto for me too.
I couldn't get on at all yesterday.
That and the speed that the pages load, even on my father-in-law's computer who has cable, is VERY slow.
It wasn't always.
These days though I can open 10 other links in the time it takes a thread to open here.
Any clues?

Yep.

This time we got hacked, and none of us could access the site.

RB is working on cleaning things up, I believe, so lets hope that things keep working.

Daryl

RIP Linden33

Paul Hoskins

I've been having trouble like the rest of you but my computer is slowing down and keeps going ofline too. Didn't have that trouble before joining this forum. I really like this forum but begenning to wonder if something is wrong. I don't have any troubles at savageshooters.net.

Jay Edward (deceased)

If you don't have anti-virus software on your computer SS, do an internet search for free scans (like XoftSpy) and check your system out.

Whatever you do, do not download any web pages not dealing with the outdoors off our site.  Every once in a while someone gets through and posts malicious websites before we can get rid of it.  These are clowns from Russian, Korea, China, etc.

Jay Edward
Administration

Jay Edward (deceased)

Oh Yes... do not bookmark the front page of THL.  Bookmark right from the forums webpage.

Paul Hoskins

Good morning Daryl,
        I have MacAfee anti virus and all that stuff but still having trouble with the site. Last night it was much better. Someone must be doing something about the problem.....Thanks........SS

nrthrn_maine_hunter

Hey guys,
Hope this might help with the clean up process, I dunno?
Every couple of times I come to the forum, my McAfee detects a virus and deletes it.  Hasn't happened the past couple of times, maybe its been taken care of.  Anyway, the forum is great and keep up the great work.
God is Love!
Justin
Some things are real whether you believe in them or not!

Daryl (deceased)

Justin,

Like Jay said, don't go to www.thehunterslife.com.

Instead, link directly to www.thehunterslife.com/forums/

For some reason, someone targeted us for a hack job, and slowly but surely the problem is being taken care of.

Daryl

RIP Linden33

Tags: